Forum Rules & Etiquette
- Forum moderators may or may not be BMW E21 Community staff members, but either way, please respect them (including BMW E21 Community staff members), as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
- Any posts that promote software piracy or even approach the subject will be deleted on sight. Software piracy is a serious issue and talking about it on this site especially will not be tolerated. Do not post links to warez sites or any other inappropriate Internet sites, including, but not limited to, pornography, racist/hate, etc, sites. Flames against any religon because of their beliefs will not be tolerated either. Vulgar language, harassment, derogatory slurs, sexism, and slander will not be tolerated, as will user pictures containing inappropriate themes. Posting private discussions (conducted through e-mail, instant messaging, or IMS) can be done only with permission from the original individual(s).
- If you have a complaint regarding another user, IMS the appropriate moderator or any of the staff members, or Tricord if you have an administrative issue. Direct any questions about the forums or BMW E21 Community in general to Tricord.
- While HTML is permitted and may be used whenever you like, do not use advanced HTML such as frames or tables to alter the format of your messages. Similarly, please do not use HTML unless you know it well enough to write a simple Web page. Incorrectly coded HTML can cause problems with the use of the BMW E21 Community forums for other users. Use HTML with reason; let your own mind be your guide. Links, font/color changes, and small text size differences are perfectly acceptable; conversely, if you do anything to render your text unreadable or otherwise, your posts may be subject to deletion. Posts that misalign or otherwise corrupt the display of the BMW E21 Community forums are subject to immediate deletion, and multiple attempts to do so will result in the loss of your forum privileges.
- These rules are subject to change by only BMW E21 Community staff members.
- Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words.
- Do not flame, or insult, another user; such messages will always be edited out or subject to deletion. Out of courtesy to other users, do not post random off-topic messages, especially in any given thread.
- Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using the BMW E21 Community forums.