-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : how do you log out of this site?

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - how do you log out of this site?
chad   Posted Sunday, Jun 8th 9:13pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 3

saskatchewan, canada
79 320i, 82 320i
I can't find it anywhere, but maybe thats because i havent really had any sleep for 2 days.

chad

Tricord   Posted Sunday, Jun 8th 9:37pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 35

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
It depends on how you logged in.

If you logged in by typing your name and password in the login form, you will be logout when you close your browser.

However, if you log in automatically (as configured on the account page) you have to go back to the configuration page to un-toggle automatic login.

Auto-login is enabled by default, because then the site can offer you extra functionality (such as forums and new posts since last visit markings, IMS, but other things I am still developing, like classifieds etc.)
Unless you have serious reasons not to login automatically, I suggest you leave it on.

Hope this helps.

geoff_in_nc   Posted Sunday, Jun 8th 10:51pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

North Carolina
81 320is, 81 323i (shell)
You can always do it the brute force way, and wipe out all your browser's cookies... that'll stop the auto-login feature until you login again anyway.

geoff

Tricord   Posted Sunday, Jun 8th 10:57pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 37

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
You don't need cookies to use the site though. If you don't (by disabling auto-login or disabling cookies alltogether) you will have to give your username and password once for every browser session.

I wanted to respect people who decide to disable cookies. The preferred way to use the site is with auto-login though. Unless you're on a public computer, there's no reason not to be logged in when visiting. You'll see that the account page keeps some statistics. It won't do so if you're not logged in (obviously).

Also, if you are logged in you will appear on the "online users" page. Otherwise you just appear as 'guest'.

But it's all up to you, you can do what you want

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.