-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : OT - 557 finished onto the 335!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - OT - 557 finished onto the 335!
redmist   Posted Saturday, Nov 19th 11:55pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 641

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo

myersport   Posted Sunday, Nov 20th 12:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
I love the very "Mopar-esque" flat black hood treatment!
I am sure that thing is an absolute beast.
--Dennis

greggearhead   Posted Sunday, Nov 20th 2:20am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

Colorado Springs, CO
1979 320i
Bitchin. Are those Gottis?

JJG323   Posted Sunday, Nov 20th 5:11am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1024

Reading MA USA
1979 BMW 323i
I love it. Any pics of under the hood?

Now how about your e21?

redmist   Posted Sunday, Nov 20th 5:54am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 643

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo

Thanks for the kind comments. It's a lot of fun now that suspension is sorted out.
Yep Gotti's. Very retro huh? Only thing I could find with the right offsets. The hood is home made fiberglass. Flat black hides the defects. Glossy I think would look like crap. Plus everytime I took it off I'd probably chip it. Flat is easy to touch up.
I really can't wait though to get the e21 back together.

Zolika_e21   Posted Sunday, Nov 20th 4:06pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 5

Hungary
e21_M54_30
Geat job!
Any information abot the breaking system?
Thanks.

redmist   Posted Monday, Nov 21st 4:15pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 644

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Here is the requested engine bay pic prior to painting the car. Got my first speeding ticket in the car this weekend so it officially christened.

redmist   Posted Monday, Nov 21st 4:20pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 645

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
The braking system is basically OEM except for stainless steel hard lines and braided lines, Wilwood pedals and triple master cylinder, a dash mounted proportioning valve and brake ducts. The car is extremelly lightened so unless my track session indicates otherwise, the only other modifications are going to be some slotted rotors and porterfield pads

JJG323   Posted Monday, Nov 21st 6:10pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1028

Reading MA USA
1979 BMW 323i
redmist wrote:
Here is the requested engine bay pic prior to painting the car. Got my first speeding ticket in the car this weekend so it officially christened.

Looks great. What are the HP figures.
I am still fighting my ticket I got in august.
I have to get a radar detector becasue my 323i sticks out like a sore thumb.

Hope u can get cracking on your e21 soon.
later,
J

M42powered   Posted Monday, Nov 21st 6:28pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 593

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
Nothing like a good dose of American metal under a German shell to get those speeding tickets. I got snapped by photo radar in Phoenix this weekend in the Typhoon.

Good stuff with the car. Looks slick. Why not go flat black on the whole car? It would give it that stealth look. I went to the Good Guy's hot rod and customs show in Phoenix on saturday. Flat paint is in for sure. Car looks terrific.

RDAvena   Posted Monday, Nov 21st 6:32pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 1546

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
1981 323i, 1988 545is, 1997 528i
you might even be able to absorb radar and not get a ticket

redmist   Posted Monday, Nov 21st 6:56pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 648

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Yeah that's what my son wanted me to do. Hot Rod Black. Since I painted the car it will probably be flat eventually. Ray that NASA radar delecting paint was a lttle pricey but with the cost of speeding tickets these days it might be cheaper in the long run. Gotta get my Valentine One wired in next weekend.
Haven't dyno'd it yet but guys with the same mods I have are getting around 360 RWHP. I'll probably get a mild cam soon to take it to about 400+. Any more than that and I think I'm going to have differential/cv/axle problems in addition to my legal ones. I still haven't adjusted the throttle to give me WOT. My son thinks I'm nuts but it's faster than I want to go at the moment and I don't trust myself yet.
I would love to go 200 mph before I die but I don't want the events to be similtaneous.

Marquis_Rex   Posted Wednesday, Nov 30th 8:02pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 387

UK
BMW 323i 2.7-as featured in Total BMW Nov 2002,Porsche 911/993TT
redmist wrote:
Yeah that's what my son wanted me to do. Hot Rod Black. Since I painted the car it will probably be flat eventually. Ray that NASA radar delecting paint was a lttle pricey but with the cost of speeding tickets these days it might be cheaper in the long run. Gotta get my Valentine One wired in next weekend.
Haven't dyno'd it yet but guys with the same mods I have are getting around 360 RWHP. I'll probably get a mild cam soon to take it to about 400+. Any more than that and I think I'm going to have differential/cv/axle problems in addition to my legal ones. I still haven't adjusted the throttle to give me WOT. My son thinks I'm nuts but it's faster than I want to go at the moment and I don't trust myself yet.
I would love to go 200 mph before I die but I don't want the events to be similtaneous.

Cool looking! Are you going to put the bumpers back on or leave it as is?
What rear end diff are you using?
Care to do a remake of "Two Lane Black Top" ?

redmist   Posted Wednesday, Nov 30th 11:37pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 651

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Hey Marquis,
No remake until I finish fiberglass trunk I have to find a doopey bimbo for the back too. (Don't tell my wife)
I am modifying the rear bumper from a 67 Camaro.
For $30 it's nice and simple and a hell of a lot cheaper then those euro bumpers. The front gets nada. Re-did the fasia welding up all the holes and cutting new ones.
Using the rear out of an Audi V8 ($300). It a torsen. Had to flip it upside down though because it's counter-rotational. The breather becomes the drain and visa versa.

Zolika_e21   Posted Thursday, Dec 1st 8:19pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 6

Hungary
e21_M54_30
What half-saft did you used between thr diff and the outer side?

I am thinking to change my diff in my E12 because I have S38 engine from M5. I think Audi diff has better LSD perfomance,hasnot it?

redmist   Posted Thursday, Dec 1st 9:32pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 652

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
I used the stock e12 half shaft for the driver's side (USA) and had Moser Engineering make one 1/4 of an inch shorter for the passenger side, e12 cv joints. You can use the stock shafts on both sides if you want to use the stock specifications for toe-in and camber. I wanted more negative camber and a little less toe in.
Yes the performance is much better (IMO) as there are no clutch discs to wear out in the torsen. In situations where you have similar pavement on bost sided you get equal drive from both sides. The only disadvantage is if one rear wheel goes in the air you only get about 15% drive in the remaining wheel (so don't bounce over the curbing and floor it ). The diff is supposedly good to 600 ftlbs of torque and are lighter that the BMW ones as the case is aluminium.
You have to modify the front of the cross member as the Audi attaches with 4 bolts in the front. Just weld a plate on, drill a hole for the input flange and 4 holes for the bolts.
If you want more details on the conversion, IM me.

Zolika_e21   Posted Friday, Dec 2nd 10:45am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 7

Hungary
e21_M54_30
That is great.
I have two more clutchplate in the Diff but somethimes doesnt work well. Can you send me more details? What exactly the year of the diff?
What is ratio of the diff? Do you have more pictures? Can you give me your email address?
Thank you in advance.

Do also write in www.firstfives.org?
My car is the Car of the Month

redmist   Posted Friday, Dec 2nd 4:15pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 653

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Built from 10/88 to 3/94. It's a 4:11 diff. I have a 0.5 to 1 overdrive so the ratio is not a problem for me. Prices at the junkyard range from $300 to $500. Don't worry about milage, they never break (in the audis .
Picture of the diff installed at:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a358/redmistmotorsports/

Email:peter@titaniumfasteners.com
Happy to give you all the details.
Your car is beautiful. Excellent work. Yep hang out there and www.ls1tech.com
Pete

Zolika_e21   Posted Sunday, Dec 4th 4:14pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 8

Hungary
e21_M54_30
Thanks.
Wrote an email.

Here is some result of my E12 dyno day

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/himizolika/detail?.dir=2acd&.dnm=58da.jpg&.src=ph

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.