- Cars
      - BMW 320i
View details
Post comment

Images

No image available
BMW e21
Owner: cnvkellogg
In registry since: Sunday, Nov 19th 5:56pm.
Year: 1978

Jake_Reyes   Posted Wednesday, Mar 29th 5:39am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Congrats on an awesome looking E21. More pics would be nice, especially the motor, brakes, interior

Jake..

skyflyer   Posted Wednesday, Mar 29th 4:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 29

Australia
1980 BMW 323i E21
been a while i havent seen a nice e21 like this one. i really really like the height of your car. awesome! more details about the suspension please would be great. COOL!

Jake_Reyes   Posted Wednesday, Mar 29th 4:55pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 2

When i was a teenager back in the day, i saw a e21 in that same exact color, is that EOM or is that aftermarket color?

Now you got me all curious on the brakes, those rotors are definitely not EOM! more details pls!

It says that you purchased it this year, curious as to how much you paid for this gem.

JJG323   Posted Monday, Apr 10th 5:37pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1166

Reading MA USA
1979 BMW 323i
Nice looking car you have there.

Where did you get the rims and the koni adjustables?

Love the BBS spoiler.

cnvkellogg   Posted Tuesday, Apr 11th 5:28am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 2

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Sorry I have not posted sooner but I been working on the cars. This is the OEM color...but I have not seen many this color though. The front brakes are a wilwood kit. 12inch rotors and 4 piston calipers upgrade the master cylinder to a e12 and e30 rear calipers with rotors and you have some MAJOR stoping power for the track. The wheels are 16 inch Voxx with 20mm offset. They have hub sentric rings, because of there size they clear evey thing fine. I modified the rear subframe to reduce toe and camber. I can actually get possitive camber in the rear now.(not that you want that). The shocks are Koni sports for a VW rabbit with 323i strut tubes cut 5inches. This set up only gives a 1 inch drop travel but it is a good track setup. I will be changing them out for some double adjustabe Konis later. I also had to make some rear adjustments to the body, the rear arms were contacting the body on hard bumps under acceleration. I installed solid subframe mounts in the rear which really helped cornering. I have a couple of track days run now and love this car more than my other E21's. Last autocross I spanked all the e30 m3.

cnvkellogg   Posted Tuesday, Apr 11th 5:43am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 3

Eugene, OR
78 320i

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchWheelsByVehicleAndSize.do?mk=&yr=1980&wd=16&rw=&vid=002216&bp=

Here is the link to the wheels I purchased. www.discounttiredirect.com seems to have good prices on wheels and tires and they give free shipping. The center logo can have a BMW one placed over the other.

check them out....

bmw_m_320i   Posted Saturday, May 13th 2:54am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 627

Helena, Montana
none right now :(
what year rabbit do those strut inserts fit? what are the rear struts for?

cnvkellogg   Posted Saturday, May 13th 5:22am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 8

Eugene, OR
78 320i
The front struts are koni sports from a 80's vw rabbit.The rabbit koni's will allow the car to be lowered without bottuming out the strut. I will be changing them out soon for a pair of Koni 8611-1437race which are double adjustable struts that fit the 323i tubes. The rear are e21 bilstien sports. I will be using a porsche rear shock Koni 8241-1050 Sport that is double adjustable also. They will require some modification to the rear of the car so they will have to wait for winter. This was recomended by Koni if I wanted to build a great club car. Deffently over kill for the street!

Flieger   Posted Saturday, May 13th 11:16pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 6

Thousand Oaks, California, USA
1983 E21 320i,M10,5 speed Getrag overdrive,alloys,Alpinweiss
Cool car. Its great to see a BMW on the track like that. There are no cliffs to run off of but it's still a challenging drive.

cnvkellogg   Posted Sunday, May 14th 3:21am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 10

Eugene, OR
78 320i
ooops

cnvkellogg   Posted Sunday, May 14th 3:21am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 10

Eugene, OR
78 320i
There are some great coastal roads to drive in Oregon. My wife has to remind me to kick it down a notch...anymore we take the SUV to the coast until I can show good behavior. It may never happen

robertmckim   Posted Sunday, May 21st 9:30am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Roseburg, OR
323i
Sweet car I really like the way it looks

robertmckim   Posted Wednesday, May 24th 11:07pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 2

Roseburg, OR
323i
Hey is that motor swap you did pretty easy? would it be a direct bolt up to my 323i If i have the motor and tranny? If so would there be any thing else I need?

cnvkellogg   Posted Thursday, May 25th 6:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

Eugene, OR
78 320i
You should only need the complete motor, wiring, ECU, fuel pump, throtle cable, etc. You will use your motor mounts and trans and exhaust. The motor is the same physical size of yours now so the conversion will be easier that this one. I like elec. fuel injection, when I get my programbalbe ECU I will be able to make more power with just tunning.

Are you coming to Auto cross on June 3rd & 4th?

cnvkellogg   Posted Thursday, May 25th 6:54am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

Eugene, OR
78 320i
check out some pictures from BMW club day. I was the only e21 there!

http://www.daimage.com/track06_051906_bmw/index.htm

robertmckim   Posted Friday, May 26th 12:29am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 3

Roseburg, OR
323i
sweet pics. I will be at autocross on the 4th. I hope to have my car ready by then. If not I will just go and watch or maybe race my truck.

bmw_m_320i   Posted Friday, May 26th 2:14am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 642

Helena, Montana
none right now :(
Nice pics! wow that is a really low ride height, how much ground clearance do you have under the rockerpanels?

cnvkellogg   Posted Friday, May 26th 6:29am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 16

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Ride hight up to the rocket tab is 4 3/4 front and 5 rear without me in it. Lowered with coil over kit and shortened front strut tubes. I run a stiff spring and sandard bars 24mm ft. 17mm r for the track. The body roll seems to be kept to a minuim. Seems to Work for me.

robertmckim   Posted Friday, Jun 2nd 8:30pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 7

Roseburg, OR
323i
hey are you going to be at auto cross on Sunday even if its raining?

cnvkellogg   Posted Saturday, Jun 3rd 8:25am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 22

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Heck yeah! my car has window wipers. lol I will race rain or shine. The first two auto cross races this year have been in the rain. Were in Oregon, we would be lucky to get two race days with out rain... see ya there?

cnvkellogg   Posted Friday, Aug 4th 5:32am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 31

Eugene, OR
78 320i
I added some aftermarket seats this weekend. I will try to get some new pictures up. I had to make new rail mounts on the floor but well worth the work.
The car feels so much better and feel more under control. Track day coming up Aug. 14th cant wait to drive!

giorgis_e21   Posted Friday, Aug 18th 5:25pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 4

athens,greece
bmw e21 3.16
your car looks great and the ride height is making it look even better

good luck in all races you take place

hey is there a camera in your car?would you like to share your video?

cnvkellogg   Posted Wednesday, Sep 27th 5:06am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 43

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Thanks for the comment. I do have a camera that mounted to the old seats. I bought a converter to transfer video to my computer, but I cant make it work. To high tech for me I guess, I sould have spent the money towards a new camera!

I did manage to run 6 laps with a 2006 Pontiac GTO 425hp behind me. Until I screwed a corner. I was faster in the turns and he could not keep up. LOL, He came and looked at my car later to see what the heck.

e21enthusiast   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 2:42am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 5

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
glad to see you got some seats in there. you need some recaros love your car every now and then i drive by it just to drool.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.