- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Trip to Colorado
M42powered   Posted Monday, Jun 16th 7:45am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 32

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
Well, I drove up to Colorado this weekend. Met with Ray and took a shot of my car in front of Pike's Peak. Just thought I'd share with everyone.

Thanks again to Ray for putting me up for the night.

Oh and here is a little teaser for all you E21 CW folks... Thought I'd post it here first

Nic

jbob   Posted Monday, Jun 16th 10:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 3

AZ, USA
81 320i
ahhh, i think i just lost a contact lense!

the weather looks beyond beautiful, i'm pissed i had to miss . but i guess on the bright side my car is finally fixed (bad injector and we took apart the air meter unit & fuel distributor). the car runs fine after driving it around for awhile....but we'll see for sure tomorrow.

ledas look awesome, some vented rotors and 4 pot calipers would complement them even more

Tricord   Posted Monday, Jun 16th 10:45am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 51

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
Nice pictures, Nic.

Glad you had a good time. I'm studying my ass off for an exam Formal Logic & Semantics here, so there's not much happening for me at the moment

I'm really looking forward to the end of those dreadful exams. The weather has been nice for weeks and I'm stuck behind my desk.

RDAvena   Posted Monday, Jun 16th 4:54pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 23

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
1981 323i, 1988 545is, 1997 528i
Glad to see you made it home all right Nic. No, Thank You for making the trip and leaving me those super high quality concours type steelies. I think this is what will put me over the top at the next car show

So how are those "new" rims? The car with the silver and those rims will look great when you clean them up a bit. And that susp set up. OMG I think I will have to start saving up...

FastE21   Posted Monday, Jun 16th 6:37pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Scottsdale, AZ
82 320is
nice pic nic!
love the rims!
my rear bumper/bbs spoiler and rims are ready to be put on.. ill need some help in august.. im in rainy NJ on long beach island now.. the surf's good tho!

M42powered   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 12:38am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 33

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
That's right folks. Ray and I swapped rides for a few minutes. I got to drive the Grey Ghost and he Project M42. I have to say that Ray's car rides rather nicely and the M20 powerplant has that smooth torque application and high revving nature. His Bilsteins really do make the car handle extremely well. Those sway bars are something else... his car has virtually no body roll what so ever. And, lets face it, a true Euro car has so much more mystic than my Euroized 320i.
Keep up the good work Ray

RDAvena   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 2:15am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 26

Like you said Nic "There is not much e21 left of my car anymore."

But Nic's car, with the Leda Suspension and the M42 power plant, has a little bit more torque than the old 'Ghost.

On 1 stock sway bar he has more suspension performance than my car with the sport billies, sturt bars, and huge sways. Very impressed with his "320i" and all of the accoutrements that make the Silver Dust perform the way it does.Revs and pulls a lot more than I had expected and this was at 6000+ feet. If we did race I would have not been able to catch up until 3rd gear. If I could catch up at all.

Guess we can say we are two sides of the same E21 coin. Nic on his side with the modern suspension/powerplant and I on the other with my "old school" approach to the e21.

Obviously we have much left with regards to our projects and the upgrades that will happen over the course of time. I take it as the first "live" meeting to show what we have accomplished from when we met "virtually" up until this past weekend. Hmm, I think I will go ahead, continue, and we can meet next year and see how far they have come along.

What do you say Nic, same time next year, location optional?

M42powered   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 2:22am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 34

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
Meet me at the grand canyon? Make for an awfully good photo shoot

RDAvena   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 2:41am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 27

Hell Jes!

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.