-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : BEWARE of Matt K - rip off seller here on Tricord!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - BEWARE of Matt K - rip off seller here on Tricord!
virafp   Posted Saturday, Apr 29th 2:06am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 16

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i
I bought a stress bar from this guy (Matt K) on 3/2/06 after seeing it advertised on Tricord. After several e mails, he responded that he was going through some personal stuff (divorce), and said he would ship the bar out promptly. Being understanding, I did not make a big deal about this, but now it has gone on long enough. Several e mails later, he says that he lost the bar, but has another one, and will ship that one to me. That e mail was sent on 4/7, 5 weeks after I paid for the item...here it is:

"Ok well looks like I have a problem. I went to grab your stress bar today and I can't seem to find it. I must have lost it while boxing/moving all of my shit. I can offer you a nicer e21 bar instead.

Please let me know what you think.

-Matt"

To this, I agreed, and told him to ship me athe other stress bar.

I sent him an e mail on 4/24 telling him that I was done with this crap he kept coming up with.

Hi Matt:

I think I have been extremely patient and understanding of your situation, but now it is just a bit frustrating. I bought this bar from you 6 weeks ago, and still have no bar. At this time, please issue me a refund and I will buy a stress bar elsewhere, unless you are willing to mail it out in the next two days, and provide shipping information. You were supposed to send me a replacement bar, because the one you sold me got lost, bottom line, still no bar.

If i do not hear back from you I will have no recourse but to go to dispute resolution with ePaypal - just take care of this and we can move on.

Viraf

I paid him $97 for it, shipped.

His e mail is mknoot@comcast.net and his Business name is MIK Importing.

If anyone sees anything from Matt K do not buy from him - he is a rip off.

Regards

Viraf

virafp   Posted Saturday, Apr 29th 2:08am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 17

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i
Oh, I believe he is up in the Bay area - San Jose, I think or maybe AZ.

imaradiostar   Posted Saturday, Apr 29th 4:44am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 709

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
I recieved my items from him- BBS RA wheels.

jamie

cergybaseball   Posted Saturday, Apr 29th 9:12am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 3

thought you may like this
Virapf

http://www.baye30.net/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=151

virafp   Posted Sunday, Apr 30th 4:15am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 19

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i
cergybaseball wrote:
thought you may like this
Virapf

http://www.baye30.net/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=151

Link to the thread on Mimmerforums. Ignore Matt E21's comments - he was not the seller.

Post nr. 18

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum///showthread.php?t=525583

skyflyer   Posted Sunday, Apr 30th 8:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 33

Australia
1980 BMW 323i E21
sorry to hear that man but take immediate action as soon as possible!!! dont just sit there and wait for nothing. its pointless you post to every bmw forums. if you bought it from ebay put a claim immediately.

i bought a e21 front grille eyebrow (scheinwerferblenden) from one ebay germany member around early feb. couple of weeks after winning the bid, the seller had to be away from home for some reasons at work. and like you initially i tried to understand his situation. but i got fed up and put the pressure on him to immediately send me the item from germany to australia. he said he did in the email (it was after about 3 weeks or so after the auction end). but i never recieve anything. i emailed him the 5th weeks after the auction end, he said the item would take 5 weeks or so to arrive to australia from the date when he sent it. wait and wait and wait... 5 weeks had passed since he sent the item. nothing!

i put the claim through ebay several weeks ago (well actually about the 5th or 6th weeks after he sent the item, i managed to notify ebay that i was somewhat cheated by this member, because i tracked this user history after the auction end and what i found was, he reselled the item that he supposed to sell to me). and found out this week through email that the claim was found in favour of me. bingo i was so happy!!!

virafp   Posted Monday, May 1st 6:03am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 20

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i
skyflyer wrote:
sorry to hear that man but take immediate action as soon as possible!!! dont just sit there and wait for nothing. its pointless you post to every bmw forums. if you bought it from ebay put a claim immediately.

i bought a e21 front grille eyebrow (scheinwerferblenden) from one ebay germany member around early feb. couple of weeks after winning the bid, the seller had to be away from home for some reasons at work. and like you initially i tried to understand his situation. but i got fed up and put the pressure on him to immediately send me the item from germany to australia. he said he did in the email (it was after about 3 weeks or so after the auction end). but i never recieve anything. i emailed him the 5th weeks after the auction end, he said the item would take 5 weeks or so to arrive to australia from the date when he sent it. wait and wait and wait... 5 weeks had passed since he sent the item. nothing!

i put the claim through ebay several weeks ago (well actually about the 5th or 6th weeks after he sent the item, i managed to notify ebay that i was somewhat cheated by this member, because i tracked this user history after the auction end and what i found was, he reselled the item that he supposed to sell to me). and found out this week through email that the claim was found in favour of me. bingo i was so happy!!!

Actually I bought this here on Tricord, so Paypal was used.

Matt responded on Bimmerforums, that he will mail me the bar soon. Hopefully I get it in the near future!

Viraf

skyflyer   Posted Monday, May 1st 12:15pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 34

Australia
1980 BMW 323i E21
virafp wrote:
skyflyer wrote:

Actually I bought this here on Tricord, so Paypal was used.

Matt responded on Bimmerforums, that he will mail me the bar soon. Hopefully I get it in the near future!

Viraf

yeah luckily he is a e21 member as well. i mean bimmerforums member not a stranger. glad to hear that. all the best for you and the bar

M42powered   Posted Monday, May 1st 5:27pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 654

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
keep us posted on the outcome.

virafp   Posted Tuesday, May 2nd 3:40am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 21

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i
M42powered wrote:
keep us posted on the outcome.

So Matt has promised to send me a stress bar - I will update when it gets here.

virafp   Posted Wednesday, May 31st 1:05am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 22

Los Angeles, CA
1981 BMW 320i
The stress bar has finally been received....Viraf

M42powered   Posted Wednesday, May 31st 2:27am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 657

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
almost a month to the day. atleast all is resolved.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.