Tech Forum : pedals

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - pedals
redmist   Posted Monday, May 29th 1:57am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 820

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Doesn't look like much progress but I was welding so much my face is sunburned. Cage all welded, harness bar, dash bar, seat mounts pedals. Steering next weekend. Happy holiday.

bmw_m_320i   Posted Monday, May 29th 2:00am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 647

Helena, Montana
none right now :(
Looks Great! progress is way faster than on mine! what dash are you using?

redmist   Posted Monday, May 29th 4:33am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 821

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Thanks. No pretense here. Might not even have a heater. I like mechanicals. Just a minimilist sheet metal dash lots of switches and guages with a peice of lexan so I can look at the engine. Even plan on putting a light in the engine bay, should be cool at night.
I'll be running the pipes up into the car (removable aluminium tunnel with heat sheilding of course)where the back seat used to be, through the trunk and out the back right below the license plate.

nsbone   Posted Monday, May 29th 7:37am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 406

KL, Malaysia
e21 323/6 316, e34 520i, e32 730i
Redmist,
I saw you only have small oxy-tanks in the first picture. Are they about the size of normal fire extinguisher in offices? How long does it last before next refill, when you are doing your work, or you'd use other welding equipment too?

Anyway... i must say... awesome...

bmw_m_320i   Posted Monday, May 29th 10:19am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 652

Helena, Montana
none right now :(
It looks like you're following the "Everything You Need, Nothing You Dont" attitude for this incredible machine! Its gonna interesting to see the lap times this things churns out. Should be an AutoX dominator with the Freightliner torque on tap to slingshot the CSL out of tight corners

redmist   Posted Monday, May 29th 5:57pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 822

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Only use the acetylene for cutting really thick metal and heating metal to bend it. Lasts forever.
The torque is a benefit and curse. The e21 diff is definetly not going to hold up in Auto-x. Have a e36 M3 diff with a 3 quart sump and cooler that I'm fabing to a e21 crossmember when the e21 diff explodes like a hand gernade.

Jason_323i   Posted Monday, May 29th 11:33pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 396

UK, Scotland
323i 2.7 tripple webber track car. Maserati Biturbo
Hi Pete

Nice work, I like the pedal setup is it wilwood and were is the best (read cheap) place in the usa to soucer one.

On the heater front, the factory m3 just had tube placed behind the manifold to the cabin with a buttefly damper for heat on the endurace racers, also i thougt of tie wraping a spigot to the rad and just running a 4" flexi duct o the cabin, maybe with a 12v in line fan.

Also a common uk kit car mod to demidst the screen is to fit a 12v hairdryer blowing up from the dash.

Jason

redmist   Posted Tuesday, May 30th 3:48pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 823

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Hey Jason, thanks for the ideas. I would like to have at least a windscreen defroster. The pipe with the inline fan sounds like a winner!
340-3342 is the part number 6.25 to 1 triple master aluminium reverse mount. Summit is the cheapest I have seen at $173.
BTW
Changed my mind again. "Dr. Gas" offers some really nice ovalized exhaust tubing which will enable me to maintain ground clearance so I'll be running the pipes underneath out to just before the rear wheels.

M42powered   Posted Tuesday, May 30th 5:29pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 656

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
I can't wait to see the steering column.

Burn's stainless also has oval exhaust tubing. They have oval bends as well. Pretty slick.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.