General Forum : Holy Crap!!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Holy Crap!!
redmist   Posted Sunday, Jul 2nd 5:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 876

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
I was just watching the SPEED channel and the the BMW test drive. Hans Stuck went 194 mph in a new euro M6 on the Autobahn!!!! He could have gone 200 (according to him) but some guy pulled in front of him.
I am very impressed.

cnvkellogg   Posted Sunday, Jul 2nd 5:20am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 25

Eugene, OR
78 320i
I watched that too!! I work at a BMW dealer in Eugene, OR. We got a Black M6, 500 hp v10 is as fun as it sounds!! Althought I never got past 70mph.

Marquis_Rex   Posted Sunday, Jul 2nd 11:50am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 450

UK
BMW 323i 2.7-as featured in Total BMW Nov 2002,Porsche 911/993TT
WOW! And I'm such a wimp- the fastest I've gone in my 993tt is 150 mph, too scarred at the moment to go any faster.....the slight bends in the autobahns become savage serpentines!

jbob   Posted Sunday, Jul 2nd 3:58pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 366

AZ, USA
81 320i
Hans Stuck is the man!
it was crazy watching or listening to him read off how fast he was going...didn't really seem to slow down that much until around 180mph.

i'm just waiting for someone to put a full exhaust on one of those bad boys...should sound amazing

MayanArch   Posted Sunday, Jul 2nd 7:17pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1028

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
Forget about him.........what about the guy that passed him and prevented him from going 200!!!!!!!!!

That other guy must have been going 225 or more!!!

Imagine getting flipped off at 225 mph!!

Out of my way rookie!!!!!!!! .|..

melloh   Posted Friday, Jul 7th 12:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 386

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
Dude.. why is it the only thing I catch on SPEED is "unique Whips", "Pinks" and other so-so entertaining things like that. The best I've gotten is F1 QUALIFYING.... 'yaaaaaay'

JJG323   Posted Friday, Jul 7th 1:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1250

Reading MA USA
1979 BMW 323i
I went to the races at lime rock this past weekend, and I was impressed by the m3 racing there along with the V12 Austin Martins.

Hans Stuck is a great driver, and the new m5s and m6s are awesome.

redmist   Posted Friday, Jul 7th 3:34pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 885

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Hey Melloh,
I TOTALLY agree. Ever since NASCAR bought the SPEED chanel the coverage generally sucks. I have written several letters complaining about it.
WRC is on at like 3 AM, never see British Touring Cars, Australian Supercars, DTM....90% is those moronic NASCAR talk shows.
SPEED is basically a marketing tool for NASCAR.
My only hope is that the American racing fans put pressure on them, like me, to broaden their offerings. But we did re-elect George Bush so there is little hope for that.
Hans Stuck and Boris Said are so much more entertaining to watch than the WWF of racing.

melloh   Posted Saturday, Jul 8th 4:55am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 390

1980 320is, 1991 318is
I wish I knew this BEFORE I switched from cable to DirecTV. My cable had cut out SPEED as part of basic and wanted me to pay, so I switched a few months later. A few months into my subscription, i finally realize its just snoozecar racing and snoozecar news and snoozecar commercials - NO more rally, no more touring, no more INTEReSTING driving events... Another network should be made for everything BUT drag and nascar based cra... uhh.. 'stuff'.

imaradiostar   Posted Saturday, Jul 8th 6:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 817

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
Maybe they could call it "Schnell" or "Geschwindigkeit" or something of the sort. Real racing interspersed with episodes of Top Gear. I'd watch the hell outta that channel!

jamie

cnvkellogg   Posted Saturday, Jul 8th 7:13am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 26

Eugene, OR
78 320i
when my daughter was three months old, we were up at our 3AM feeding and a motorcycle race was on speed channel. She watched the last 30min. of the race with me and never took her eyes off the TV. Cartoons could not get her attention then. She is 3 now and on Sunday mornings we watch HorsePower Tv together. Watch out Danica Patrick!Indy will have another lady racing soon!

melloh   Posted Saturday, Jul 8th 10:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 391

1980 320is, 1991 318is
Dude.. that is SWEET! I want to get my little nephew into driving too.. He already has an obsession w/ cars. I just need to shape it (sorry, I'm a psychologist) away from hummers and trains to sports cars and karts! Slowly, though... cuz my bro and his wife are veeeery protective of their first born.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.