- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - K-Jetronic Article
Tricord   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 3:51pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 55

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
I have added an article on the About E21 page that describes the K-Jetronic system used in E21 cars such as the 318i, 320i and the 323i.

It's a good read if you want background information about the operation and functionality of the injection system.

You can also click here to directly read the article page.

RDAvena   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 5:43pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 28

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
1981 323i, 1988 545is, 1997 528i
Tri,

Umm just a one minor correction on the article. It mentions the lambda switch/sensor. This was only on the e30 323is that were equipped with the L-Jet and on the 320i/A with the O2 sensor on it.

If you want I can write up a non-manual based Kjet adjustment article for the 323i. But this will cover basically stuff I have used/learned over these years.

I looked all over on mine and I do not have that . Funny that article should come up since I have recently failed my emissions Oh well, back to adjusting the mixture...

Tricord   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 6:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 56

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
If you have specific info and you're willing to write a little about it, I'd be very happy

Thing is, I found this article when looking for general K-jet information, and I decided it was worth a good read, so I edited it and put it up there. I mentioned this was a general overview of K-jet with background information and not directly applicable to the E21s.

If you have E21 specific details, I will make another page for that and make a distinction between the background info and the 323i (or 320i) specific info.

Once I take the 323i apart I will be able to write some about K-jet myself, including pictures and photo's.

RDAvena   Posted Tuesday, Jun 17th 7:06pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 30

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
1981 323i, 1988 545is, 1997 528i
Not a problem, I will get to working on it.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.