General Forum : Giving up on my 323

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Giving up on my 323
robertmckim   Posted Tuesday, Sep 12th 11:01pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 11

Roseburg, OR
323i
I think im going to give up on my 323. The more rust holes I try to fix the more I find. If anyone knows anyone that may be interested please let me know. If it goes I will sell it with the wheels, body kit, and spoiler(not pictured).

MayanArch   Posted Wednesday, Sep 13th 1:23am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1162

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
Well, I would talk you out of it..........pending you posting the pics of what you want to sell.

Otherwise..........find a nice 320i and forget about rust. Get a rust free 320 and do a swap.

pjs323i   Posted Wednesday, Sep 13th 5:09am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 20

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
well, if you end up selling for parts, i may grab a couple off you.

redmist   Posted Wednesday, Sep 13th 7:39pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 958

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Good luck finding a rust free e21.

robertmckim   Posted Wednesday, Sep 13th 11:22pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 12

Roseburg, OR
323i
I would let it go for $600.00. If I could find a rust free 320 I would love to buy it then just swap over all the 323 stuff. I really like e21's and will have again. If it not a pile of rust. For pics check out my page http://e21.tricord.be/registry/index.php?view=272

MayanArch   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 1:08am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1163

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
redmist wrote:

You can find them where the rust is minimal and manageable by normal body work.

My Baur has very minimal rust.......and it spent most of its life in Haiti and South Florida!!!! I can find pretty good E21s in Miami......and rust is much worse of a problem here than most elsewhere.

Sounds like he has something that is literally crumbling away. That is too much to deal with.

robertmckim   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 2:01am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

Roseburg, OR
323i
its not Extreamly bad but the car sat for almost 6 years with the drivers side window half way down. So the drivers side floor pan is toast and their is a couple of holes in the trunk.

pjs323i   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 6:03am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 22

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
My e21 has absolutly NO Rust...but it has spent all of its life in inland Australia. So i guess saltwater, or just water in general really isn't a problem here.

cnvkellogg   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 9:42am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 40

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Keep your head up. I had a lady give me two E21's last weekend. The were left at here house two years ago. One with bad rust, one with a blown motor. I am going to do a motor swap and make one good car from two. The good body car is a none sunroof car too. A couple more weeks and my son will have his first E21... keep him out both of mine! Don't give up on that 323i all that can be installed on a 320i shell. The point to my story is that you can/will find a shell that you can use just hang on to what you have. I have had a total 5 cars I bought for parts cars and spent a total of 400 bucks on all of them. I will have three driving cars when Im done with this new set.

robertmckim   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 8:52pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

Roseburg, OR
323i
Ok ok you twisted my arm, Ill quit being a cry baby and keep it tell I come across a 320i thats in good shape. If you ever come across one let me know. Their are a couple in Roseburg that a guy has but not very willing to sell. Ill keep working on him.

velocewest   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 9:52pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 545

Oregon USA
e9, e12x2, no E21?
redmist wrote:

How many you want, Peter? Out here on the upper left coast you can't swing a cat without hitting a clean e21.

Tony

cnvkellogg   Posted Thursday, Sep 14th 11:08pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 41

Eugene, OR
78 320i
I will keep an eye out. The next one I find is yours... Don't tease us about leaving again.

blair winter   Posted Friday, Sep 15th 12:21am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Oregon, USA
'81 323i, '70 2002, '97 540i/S
Robert,
There is a euro 316 or 318 here in Eugene. Its been sitting for a few years, so there's a chance the owner will part with it. I'll check in on it if you want me too.
Blair

robertmckim   Posted Friday, Sep 15th 12:27am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 15

Roseburg, OR
323i
Ya see what you can find out for me. Thanks

blair winter   Posted Friday, Sep 15th 5:01am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Oregon, USA
'81 323i, '70 2002, '97 540i/S
OK! He lives just down the road from me. I'll check on him Saturday. I'll bring the camera too...

chupchup   Posted Friday, Sep 15th 3:14pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 82

Singapore
320m20
there is one here due for scrap and body is pretty good be the carriage will kill u.

BarryA   Posted Wednesday, Sep 20th 9:45pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 174

Sacramento CA
81 320
That euro 316/318 would be the ideal shell - same body configuration as the 323 (wouldn't have to deal with the US bumpers and shorter rear valance).

If you wind up with a usable shell and do the running gear swap, let me know if you're going to cut up and scrap the old 323 shell (e-mail is bja_47@yahoo.com) - there are a couple of euro body panels I need for one of my projects. We visit our daughter in Corvallis pretty regularly, so shipping wouldn't be an issue.

Waferman   Posted Thursday, Sep 21st 10:32pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

Oregon
78 320i, 83 320iS
Also, if you decide to sell it again, talk to the guys on www.pnwbb.com. Im sure someone here would buy it! We meet in Portland every other thursday (tonight is a meet).

Later,
John McDonald
83 320iS

e21enthusiast   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 3:11am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 9

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
ok so he parted with the 323. i bought it as a whole car,and that is how i intend to keep it,its gonna need full restoration though.yes its true a 323 crumbleing away. its gonna take between 2-3 thousand in patching panels and bodywork before itl be ready to get resprayed.even then i cant quite tell untill i get it media blasted or strip it all in and out.it will be worth it sad to see robert give it up glad to see it in my hands

cnvkellogg   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 8:56am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 46

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Yeah! Another E21 in Eugene, OR.! Come see me when you need a part. I have 6 now although I am scraping 3 for parts. Buying another next weekend for parts, Including what I have already scraped I have had 10 of them now in the past 2 years. Some people just give them to me now(4 total). Can you say E21 JUNKY, my wife hate's e21's now.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.