General Forum : secret BMWs testing

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - secret BMWs testing
Flieger   Posted Monday, Sep 25th 2:03am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 10

Thousand Oaks, California, USA
1983 E21 320i,M10,5 speed Getrag overdrive,alloys,Alpinweiss
I live in Thousand Oaks. I drive on Kanan road and the Pacific Coast Highway a lot. Around 3:30 PM I frequently see a black E90, uncamoflouged, with an new, lightly disguised, black X5 behind it.
Behind that is a new E92 in black with flat black tape and goofy pieces of foam/cardboard on it to disguise the body lines. I cannot see the tail pipes and I do not think it is an M3 because it is not muscular enough. The new coupes are in dealers so I do not know why camo would be needed.
I assume that they are going from the Research and development center in Newbery Park to the Oxnard testing facility via Agoura, Kanan, and Pacific Coast Highway.
Any ideas on what this coupe is?

PS-I never have a camera ready and drive alone so I cant get pictures even though Ive seen them many times.

e21enthusiast   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 2:56am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 6

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
lets see some pics. just make sure you are talking on your phone and drinking coffe while trying to snap those pics while driving.

Flieger   Posted Friday, Oct 6th 5:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

I dont have a camera phone but today I saw an E92 M3! It was lightly disguised and looked great and muscular. It was on Las Virgines Road headed to the 101, between the freeway and Malibu Canyon Park.

I have not seen the other cars lately. I now think that the E92 coupe may have been a retractable hardtop prototype, as I saw some spy photos in Car and Driver.

MayanArch   Posted Friday, Oct 6th 4:44pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1168

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
Isnt the design office in California?

Flieger   Posted Saturday, Oct 7th 6:36am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

Yes, there is the BMW Designworks in Newbury Park, minutes from my home. There is also the Emissions Testing Facility in Oxnard, which is where they store many new BMWs fresh off the boat from the factory. I saw many Z4 coupes, M coupes, and M roadsters before they were officially released. They were taking Potrero road from Oxnard to Newbury Park- coincidence?- I think not. Anyway, when one drives by the Oxnard center, there are seemingly acres of new BMWs and many of them are new or even prototypes.

melloh   Posted Saturday, Oct 7th 8:52am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 428

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
I think you should break in one day and just park your car in the middle of that acre and see how long it takes ofr them to notice.

MayanArch   Posted Saturday, Oct 7th 3:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1169

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
melloh wrote:
I think you should break in one day and just park your car in the middle of that acre and see how long it takes ofr them to notice.

Now that would be funny.

But you have to disguise it like the prototypes

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.