General Forum : I found an LSD!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - I found an LSD!
Greg323i   Posted Monday, Sep 25th 5:02pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 240

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
I'm thrilled! After 3 years of searching the wreckers, I finally found one at a local U-pull-it, and only paid $78 for it. Seems to be in great condition, but it's 3.64:1 instead of the 3.45:1 that I have, so I'm going to swap the ring and pinion and replace the bearings and seals while I'm in there.

I'm going to reread Ray's article a couple of dozen times before I do anything, but is there something else I should know that might not be in Ray's writeup?

redmist   Posted Monday, Sep 25th 7:42pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 965

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
yeah locktite the ring bolts, they have a habit of loosening when you beat on it. 3:64 is a good ratio I wouldn't change it IMO. I think I have some extra brand new clutch disks if you are interested.

Greg323i   Posted Tuesday, Sep 26th 1:47am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 241

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
Thanks, I'll remember the locktite. My friend's trying to get me to keep the 3.64 as well, but I find I run out of gears too quickly as it is. If I were going to drag this car I would keep the 3.64.

Thanks for the offer of the clutches but I don't think I'll need them. This diff is so tight that originally thought that someone had welded it. I can't spin the sides independently by hand. It came out of an automatic so I don't think it saw much abuse.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.