- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - My dashboard isn't working
jdench   Posted Sunday, Oct 15th 12:27am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 111

Sussex, UK
1979 E21 323i, 1998 E36 323i touring
Hello all,

I started my 323 up the other day to turn it aroung in my garage (it's not very big you see) and nothing on the dashboard apart from the Speedo worked. It worked for a couple of seconds, then died again.
I assume it is a loose connection somewhere , can anyone suggest where to start? is there a master connector block somewhere?
The Battery light still works, as does the dashboard light. But no other warning lights come on. Is my Dash knacked?
cheers all.

P.S. I have decided on a full bare metal respray, I have choosen Taigia Green, I know it's not a E21 colour but has anyone ever seen a e21 in this colour? I saw a e12 the other day and it looked great, I don't normally like green, but it looked really good. The wife decided Inka orange would not be a colour she would be seen in

nowloadingrage   Posted Sunday, Oct 15th 4:26am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Tennessee, U.S.
83' 320i -w- Century Turbo
There is one nut holding in the instrument cluster. But to pull it out and see what is going on you have to pull the steering wheel. And disconnect the speedo cable. There are 2 main connectors(one on each side of the cluster. Sounds like one needs to be reseated.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.