General Forum : limited slip difrential for sale

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - limited slip difrential for sale
e21enthusiast   Posted Sunday, Oct 15th 8:43pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 25

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
Exactly what the title says,I have a spare lsd I believe its a 391, im sick of it sitting around here im not gonna need it both my cars have limited slip.I am asking $200 if anyone is interested let me know they can come pick it up or I will ship but you pay for shipping.I want to buy parts for the 323 so lets try to get this thing out of my garage and into someone's e21.

you will be doing 2 wheeld burnouts in no time

cnvkellogg   Posted Sunday, Oct 15th 9:28pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 56

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Your not going to put it in the 323i? I thought they are 3.64 rear ends. I but a 3.91 in my car and it made it alot quicker on the track.I am keeping the 3.64 for back up. Blair Winter also changed 323i to a 3.91 with the same claims... just a thought.

e21enthusiast   Posted Sunday, Oct 15th 9:33pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 26

eugene,oregon
interesting, very much so.Do the drive shafts have the same bolt paterns? Will it just bolt up to the 323 subframe?I am still learning as far as the 323 goes.

cnvkellogg   Posted Sunday, Oct 15th 11:36pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 57

Eugene, OR
78 320i
The cv axles are the same after 8/78 then they changed a little but they still enter change. It will bolt right up all is the same. I know you heard that before but its true.

myersport   Posted Monday, Oct 16th 5:05am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
Careful-
Don't get burned again! The early axles have the same bolt pattern as the later axles do but the bolt diameter itself is smaller. The larger bolts of the later cars won't fit thru the axles, you'll have to swap the stub axles and/or output flanges of the diff, depending on what you are swapping out. I've done this swap several tims.
--Dennis

e21enthusiast   Posted Tuesday, Oct 17th 12:23am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 27

eugene,oregon
Perfect now all I need is my short shifter a 5spd and lightweight flywheel and I will be haveing fun in no time.

Ladd   Posted Thursday, Oct 19th 5:04am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 54

OR - USA
1981 320i E10
I am in Eugene fairly often. I would love to see your cars one of the times i'm down.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.