-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

Tech Forum : Radiator fluid disposal (CA)

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Radiator fluid disposal (CA)
melloh   Posted Friday, Oct 27th 10:23am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 436

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
Hey, y'all. I'm curious how you dispose of your radiator fluid (besides 'dumping it'). I'm in San Jose, CA. I'm fine w/ paying a small disposal fee, as long as the place isn't too far away.

EDIT: Sorry... ment to put this in general discussion, not technical.

myersport   Posted Friday, Oct 27th 2:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
In Tennessee our public/county dumps have disposal containers for coolant and waste oil, and best of all it's free! Have you checked your areas waste and recycling facilities? Many local repair shops will take it also.
--Dennis

imaradiostar   Posted Friday, Oct 27th 4:09pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 904

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
you could try taking it to a local auto parts store- this is what I did before I worked at a shop. They had huge bins in the back for waste oil and antifreeze.

jamie

realcrouton   Posted Friday, Oct 27th 7:38pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 54

Washington, USA
1977 320i, 1981 323i, 1991 325ic, 2000 328i
It's free here at our conuty dump as well. I guess the idea behind it is that if hazardous materials are free to dispose of, then people are less likely to just toss it in the grass. I'd be suprised if it is'nt free there as well. If it isn't you should write a letter to the Guvunator!

-Dave

melloh   Posted Friday, Oct 27th 11:12pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 438

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
I've searched online and I have yet to find a definitive answer. My chain parts store (PEP Boys) won't ake it b/c they are not 'licensed' to (though they have thier OWN bin for rad fluid drained from cars they service). So yeah... CA has a bunch of red (white and blue) tape to go around. When I was in San Diego, I was supposed to drive 50 miles out to the waste facility AND pay like $20-70... LAME!

I agree... it SHOULD be free. They've got their logic bass ackwards here in CA - they want to make it as much of a pain in the arse so that we wont work on our own cars. Psh... I guess I was hoping someone in the area knew a place that would take the fluid 'under the table'. Otherwise, it looks like tons of legwork to find a shop willing to bypass the stupid law.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.