-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : Completely off topic survey....

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Completely off topic survey....
realcrouton   Posted Tuesday, Nov 7th 7:45pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 63

Washington, USA
1977 320i, 1981 323i, 1991 325ic, 2000 328i
OK, so my friend and I are at odds on the most popular way to eat a corndog.
Option #1: Just Mustard
Option #2: Just Ketchup
Option #3: Mustard and Ketchup

He has already gotten his survey results from his Suzuki GS forum. Please let me know how you eat your corndog. Thank you for your indulgence!

-Dave

wharthog   Posted Tuesday, Nov 7th 11:38pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 83

SF Bay,California, USA
1982 323i, , R1150RT
mustard only. The way nature intended.

realcrouton   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 12:00am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 64

Washington, USA
Ok, thanks Michael. One for Mustard.

Greg323i   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 1:56am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 253

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
Mustard only, sometimes dry if mustard is not present, but absolutely never with ketchup. That stuff is vile!

imaradiostar   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 4:57am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 935

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
if the corndog is quality I say no toppings...

Robert   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 12:35pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 106

The Netherlands
1979 320/6, 1980 323i Baur
Option #4: We don't eat corndogs here.

myersport   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 2:04pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
There should never be an Option #4........
--Dennis

MayanArch   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 6:35pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1188

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
How about the way Bill Clinton likes his cigars?

Gross.. Just kidding. Thought I would brighten everyone's day with that one.

realcrouton   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 8:17pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 65

Washington, USA
Thanks for interjecting that Mayan, the corndog discourse was getting WAY too serious!

So far it looks like mustard has it, ketchup is getting its butt handed to it.

jdench   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 8:29pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 114

Sussex, UK
1979 E21 323i, 1998 E36 323i touring
Corndogs are the work of the devil! they are nearly as bad as biscuits and gravy

BB320i   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 9:06pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 99

Arizona
83 320i
Now that was just uncalled for.

First it was 1776, then 1812, and by golly man it'll be 2006 with that kind of comment.

Corndogs and mustard all the way.

And to dis biscuits and gravy and deny their greatness is simply uncivilized.

realcrouton   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 9:57pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 66

Washington, USA
I'm going to have to agree with BB320i's comment on the necessity to go to war over jdench's corndog degrading comment, but I will side with jdench on the Biscuit and Gravy front. I'm a little biased on that point having been a cook at a 24 hour "Family Dining" restaurant while in college. I had to make the gravy for biscuits and gravy 10 gallons at a time. Did you know that the main ingredient is powdered coffee creamer?! Just the site of the stuff makes me nauseous.
So I guess that evens us out. War narrowly averted.

jdench   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 10:01pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 116

Sussex, UK
Bah! but it's probably a good thing, we appear to be running out of soldiers over here!

jdench   Posted Wednesday, Nov 8th 10:18pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 117

Sussex, UK
P.S. they are scones, not biscuits, what you call cookies are biscuits

BB320i   Posted Thursday, Nov 9th 12:04am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 100

Arizona
83 320i
So you're really dissing scones and gravy? Never heard of scones and gravy. And I can't fathom cookies and gravy.

Are you trying to say this country got started over a misunderstanding of terms?

Should we still be part of the British Empire then? I'm so confused.

I think I need a corndog with some mustard...

realcrouton   Posted Thursday, Nov 9th 6:40pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 67

Washington, USA
Well, I guess I'll put this to rest before any shots are fired. Mustard is defiantly the winner, ketchup was shut out. You have all proved my friend right. I will now admit that I eat my corndog with equal parts mustard and ketchup. I am told that this is blasphemy, but I can't help it. I have always eaten them that way and always will.

Thank you all who participated!

-Dave

jdench   Posted Thursday, Nov 9th 9:22pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 118

Sussex, UK

jdench   Posted Thursday, Nov 9th 11:19pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 119

Sussex, UK
Realcrouton, I see you have David Brent as your avatar, Have you seen his new series extras? If not I suggest you find it, it is much funnier than the office.

P.S., you lot should try Black Pudding, now there is a real food!

davethedog   Posted Thursday, Nov 9th 11:38pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 140

Northants, England
E21 320
Hi, What is a corndog?

jdench   Posted Thursday, Nov 9th 11:57pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 120

Sussex, UK
It is like a hotdog, wrapped in a horrible cornbread stuff and then deep fried. The americans seem to like them, but they are not very nice.

realcrouton   Posted Friday, Nov 10th 12:04am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 68

Washington, USA
I haven’t seen Extras yet, I don't think it's out on DVD over her yet is it? You think it's better than The Office? That show is hard to top. I've seen the whole series several times and it kills me every time. I'm excited to see Extras.

Black pudding? Is that akin to Yorkshire pudding? I've had Yorkshire pudding, and found it tolerably good, though pudding here does not have beef fat in it! I've been to England a couple of times and found the food quite different than here, really expensive and you get less of it, but over all I liked it. I had to pass on haggis while in Scotland though....

Davethedog, you're not serious about not knowing what the American delicacy known as a "corndog" is, are you? If so you are really missing out man!

-Dave

imaradiostar   Posted Friday, Nov 10th 1:22am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 941

Nashville, TN
jdench wrote:
It is like a hotdog, wrapped in a horrible cornbread stuff and then deep fried. The americans seem to like them, but they are not very nice.

oh hush...like you guys don't eat anything that's extremely questionable or mediocre!

Could be worse, it could be scrapple!

jamie

Greg323i   Posted Friday, Nov 10th 4:38am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 255

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
Haggis? Anyone for steak and kidney pie?

BB320i   Posted Friday, Nov 10th 4:57am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 101

Arizona
83 320i
Okay, what's the deal with Black Pudding?

Ingredients?

I think I'll do a yahoo search here....

BB320i   Posted Friday, Nov 10th 5:01am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 102

Arizona
83 320i
From Wikipedia:

Black pudding, blood sausage or blood pudding is a sausage made by cooking animal blood with meat, fat or other filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. In the West, pig or cattle blood is most often used, sheep and goat blood are used to a lesser extent, while blood from poultry is very seldom used. Sausages containing blood are traditional throughout the world and there are ancient references to them, e. g. from Homer's Odyssey:

As when a man besides a great fire has filled a sausage with fat and blood and turns it this way and that and is very eager to get it quickly roasted...

And y'all want to talk about biscuits and gravy...

realcrouton   Posted Friday, Nov 10th 7:48pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 69

Washington, USA
Oh my.....blood pudding. Isn’t blood a main ingredient in haggis as well? Blood is not to be used as an ingredient in any dish! I think I'd have to take biscuits and gravy over blood pudding. When my wife was in Africa doing mission work some village served them goat intestine soup. To the natives this was a great honor as goat intestine soup is a delicacy there. She said it smelled and tasted literally like crap. I think the corndog is a much easier item to stomach.... if you don't think about how hotdogs are made....

Check out how they are made here: http://www.compfused.com/directlink/4031/

pjs323i   Posted Saturday, Nov 11th 7:12am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
Wow corndogs seems like a dog has done its business on some dirt and its been deepfried.

whats wrong with the ol' Four 'n' Twenty with a bit of Tomato Sauce?

That gives me an idea, how about a survey for the aussies?

How do you sauce your Four 'n' Twenty?
A) Stab and inject with tomato sauce
Squirt it all over
C Squirt on the side and dip

BB320i   Posted Sunday, Nov 12th 6:27pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 103

Arizona
83 320i
Okay, first the English guys, then the Aussies, what is up with you people dissing the great American corn dog? Blasphemy from our brothers across the oceans on either side!

Though I must say, fromt the following description, I could be down with this:

The humble meat pie is as Australian as it gets. While Americans love their hamburgers, Australians love their meat pies and sausage rolls more. We are the world's biggest consumer of meat pies with over 250 million eaten each year.

The traditional Aussie meat pie is about 15cm in diameter, just large enough to hold in one hand and covered in tomato sauce. The pastry is usually shortcrust (heavy enough so it doesn't fall apart in your hands), and the filling is beef or chicken with enough thick gravy inside to stick it all together.

Meat pies are found in take away shops, bakeries and most everywhere else. You can also buy Four 'n Twenty, Big Ben, Aussie Pies, and Sargents meat pies in the frozen food section of our grocery stores. Today's meat pies come in your basic meat pie and a variety of styles: steak and onion, beef and tomato and onion, beef and vegetables, chicken and vegetables and others.

- You guys would probably love a good Carne Asada burro based on this.

Unfortunately, you'll never find better Mexican food than in Arizona/New Mexico. A trip a few years back to Guadalajara wasn't even as good as our local Tucson fare. But this is regional - corndogs are national....

BruceH   Posted Sunday, Nov 12th 7:42pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1037

Atlanta, GA USA
81 323 Baur, 85 745
Corndogs are a waste of a hotdog. The only proper hotdog, IMHO, is a true Chicago style dog, run thru the garden with sport peppers. Any Chicagoan will also tell you that Vienna hot dogs are the best.

Never, repeat, never put ketchup on your hotdog in Chicago. There are laws to be obeyed.

BB320i   Posted Sunday, Nov 12th 7:50pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 104

Arizona
83 320i
While I agree that the ultimate, and there is no better, hot dog is the Chicago Dog, I do enjoy a good corndog.

The only run that anything can make on the Chicago Dog (and it will never surpass it) is the "Sonoran" style hot dog:
wrapped in bacon, with mayo, mustard, onions, tomatos, and green chili peppers. A worthy competitor, if never champion.

And let there be no discussion at all concerning true Chicago Pizza. The NY crowd may have the Yankees, but they'll never have the best pizza....

imaradiostar   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 12:13am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 944

Nashville, TN
BB320i wrote:
And let there be no discussion at all concerning true Chicago Pizza. The NY crowd may have the Yankees, but they'll never have the best pizza....

I disagree- NY wins out. In addition I can't seem to find decent Chicago style pizza outside of Chicago but good New York style just about anywhere...and that rules!

Don't even start on cheesesteak- I'm from Philadelphia.

jamie

BruceH   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 1:14am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1038

Atlanta, GA USA
81 323 Baur, 85 745
Pat's or Geno's?

Wit or witout?

I kept an apartment at 18th & Callowhill for a year while I was commuting to Philly.

BB320i   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 1:56am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 105

Arizona
83 320i
imaradiostar wrote:
BB320i wrote:

I disagree- NY wins out. In addition I can't seem to find decent Chicago style pizza outside of Chicago but good New York style just about anywhere...and that rules!

jamie

You've had the real deal and you make that claim? Giordano's? Geno's? Where the pie is about 2-1/2" thick? Dude, there's no way.

I've had NY Pizza from a guy straight out of the city (he "retired" and moved to SoCal, but couldn't get it out of his blood), and if that was any kind of respresntation, you're just sadly mistaken. It was good, but there's just no comparision.

velocewest   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 6:24am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 549

Oregon USA
e9, e12x2, no E21?
No corndog. Polish, on a bun, with mustard. A little sauerkraut if it's fresh.

Tony

Greg323i   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 7:21am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 256

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
BB320i wrote:
Okay, first the English guys, then the Aussies, what is up with you people dissing the great American corn dog? Blasphemy from our brothers across the oceans on either side!

What'dya expect from groups of people that clean the scum out of the barrels they use to make beer and then spread it on bread and call it Marmite/Vegemite?

**Edit

As for pizza, the best place anywhere is Tony's Bella Vista Ristorante in Burbank, Ca. You will not find a better crust, sauce or fresher toppings anywhere. Personal favorite: meatball, musrooms and onions, or pepperoni and anchovies.

pjs323i   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 11:03am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
Greg323i: BLASFEMY FROM A FELLOW AUSSIE!

vegemite is the best! as for marmite...that stuff is nasty.

jdench   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 1:05pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 121

Sussex, UK
Vegemite, Marmite and Bovril are all foul. You Americans should try some real mustard as well!

BruceH   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 2:51pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1040

Atlanta, GA USA
81 323 Baur, 85 745
There are a lot of stone ground real brown mustards here. Don't judge us by the bright yellow crap.

davethedog   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 3:16pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 141

Northants, England
E21 320
realcrouton wrote:

Davethedog, you're not serious about not knowing what the American delicacy known as a "corndog" is, are you? If so you are really missing out man!

-Dave

Seriously I have never eaten one. If you would like to post me one I would gladly try it to give an impartial verdict. Although I think the taste may be affected by the 3 weeks it would take to get to the UK in the post.
It might have to wait until I go to the U.S on holiday.

MayanArch   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 4:02pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1190

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
BB320i wrote:
imaradiostar wrote:
BB320i wrote:

jamie

You've had the real deal and you make that claim? Giordano's? Geno's? Where the pie is about 2-1/2" thick? Dude, there's no way.

I've had NY Pizza from a guy straight out of the city (he "retired" and moved to SoCal, but couldn't get it out of his blood), and if that was any kind of respresntation, you're just sadly mistaken. It was good, but there's just no comparision.

BEST PIZZA EVER:

Antigua, Guatemala. Really. Not joking. There is some guy from Sicili that moved there and has the locals making all the ingridients from scratch for him. Everything picked, made, rolled, cooked daily. Nothing left over from the day before. Nothing frozen.

jdench   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 4:41pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 122

Sussex, UK
Tewksbury Mustard is the best, it is fine ground mustard with horseradish in. Nice and hot with a lovely flavour. Brown mustards are quite nice (but they tend to be french or german. Proper english mustard is bright yellow as well, but has real bite to it (espcially if it sticks to the roof of your mouth )

realcrouton   Posted Monday, Nov 13th 7:42pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 70

Washington, USA
davethedog,
Make your holiday in the beutiful Pacific Northwest, come by my place and you can eat corndogs to your hearts content. Or I will bring you a box on my next trip to England.

-Dave

Greg323i   Posted Tuesday, Nov 14th 12:37am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 257

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
pjs323i wrote:
Greg323i: BLASFEMY FROM A FELLOW AUSSIE!

I'm not a fellow Aussie, I'm a transplanted Los Angeleno!

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.