General Forum : transmission go boom boom

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - transmission go boom boom
e21enthusiast   Posted Tuesday, Nov 14th 1:24am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 35

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
so my group of car friends get together and we all go out and drive saturday nights. I was kinda screwing around we were at this big open parking lot and i was hauling ass 7 g's in first turned and dumped to second drifted real big side ways burnt out a bit we went to leave and i go to shift to second. grind grind grind. wtf go to go to first the same. now i notice a really bad noise like rod knock. ooh great ive had rod knock 3-4times alredy. so i put it in 3rd and rev it up just to get outa this damn parking lot we were screwing around in. so we park it down the street under this light. and it sound like the knock is comeing from the head really really loud. so i think mabey i snaped a rocker arm. we go home and grab a 10mm and return with a flshlight 20 mins later. took off the valve cover eveything seems fine. so i went to start it and put it in gear to move it,and when the clutch is all of the way in all of the way in no noise at all nothing, so it must be the tranny throwout bearing or the clutch. anyways i gotit home with a combo of slaming it in to 1st then shifting to 3rd.

at this point if im gonna have to take it out its gonna get done how i want it. which is lightend flywheel,new clutch and a dogleg 5 spd.

so once again if anyone knows where i can find someone to ship one to the us or if you will let me know and we can start figureing out some prices. i tryd fritz bitz but they dont have any right now. anyone please if you can help me out id apreciate it. i need my baby back.

Jason_323i   Posted Tuesday, Nov 14th 1:56am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 414

UK, Scotland
323i 2.7 tripple webber track car. Maserati Biturbo
Hi One on ebay UK

Jason

wharthog   Posted Tuesday, Nov 14th 8:48am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 91

SF Bay,California, USA
1982 323i, , R1150RT
sounds like a bearing. I bet when you pull the drain plug some roll out.

realcrouton   Posted Wednesday, Nov 15th 12:47am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 71

Washington, USA
1977 320i, 1981 323i, 1991 325ic, 2000 328i
e21enthusiast,
Will this fit the bill?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-Tii-323i-E21-Close-Ratio-5-Speed-Gearbox_W0QQitemZ320047654069QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33733QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps!

-Dave

e21enthusiast   Posted Wednesday, Nov 15th 1:12am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 36

eugene,oregon
thanks a bunch guys i really appreciate the links and the speedy responces. i have sent messages to both the one in the uk and the one in the us.hopefully ill be able to get one of em. i have no clue what his reserve is and i need a shipping quote to. this is one of those pain in the ass things where the shipping can cost more or almost more than the item.

wish me luck. i miss my litlle car

Jason_323i   Posted Wednesday, Nov 15th 1:33am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 415

UK, Scotland
323i 2.7 tripple webber track car. Maserati Biturbo
Hi

Have you tried this one

Jason

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E21-DOGLEG-CLOSE-RATIO-GEARBOX-RARE-RARE-RARE_W0QQitemZ120052800577QQihZ002QQcategoryZ31351QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

redmist   Posted Wednesday, Nov 15th 7:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1004

NY USA
357i , 325i e30 turbo
Here's an alternative that you might like...

Drain the radiator fluid and oil. Put it in neutral and floor it til it blows, yank out engine and trans and put in a e30 motor and trans.

e21enthusiast   Posted Thursday, Nov 16th 1:28am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 37

eugene,oregon
that blowing it up and swaping it idea crossed my minds but with a e34 m5 engine. to bad i dont have like 8k

Waferman   Posted Saturday, Nov 18th 5:33am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 17

Oregon
78 320i, 83 320iS
I knew it was only a matter of time before you detonated somthing on this car. Be nice to it- the new expensive dogleg, if you find one, will also go out if you abuse it. Do you know the timing belt age? Just curious
John

SLoWz3R   Posted Thursday, Nov 23rd 12:55am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Boise, ID
1978 320i
I've killed a transmission or two...

I found a junkyard in cali that does this kind of this stuff. They were very speedy, I got my tranny in a week, slid it in, and did a hello cookie.

http://www.bmrparts.com/

Very affordable, 6 month warranty

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.