-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : Holy man, dealers are getting greedy!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Holy man, dealers are getting greedy!
Bill in MN   Posted Wednesday, Dec 20th 8:18pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 65

Minnesota USA
1988 735, 1986 535 turbo, 1981 Baur 323i
I priced out a new OEM dash a few months ago at less than $400 from a dealer in the Twin Cities. Knowing there isn't a lot of demand for these things I held off until I knew I'd need it. So I call the dealer this morning and he tells me the price is, get this... $1775.00. Can you believe that? A $1300 jump in three months.

Reason given?? There are only 2 left in inventory overseas (don't know if I believe that) and if you want it bad enough, that's the price.

Now I know that some dealers simply don't want anything to do with the old stuff but this is ridiculous!

M42powered   Posted Thursday, Dec 21st 12:42am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 689

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
keep calling them every 5 minutes and ask for a qoute on the same part. The price will go down in a week or so.

Bill in MN   Posted Friday, Dec 22nd 7:56pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 66

Minnesota USA
I heard back from a reliable parts source and am told there are literally 4 new dashboards in inventory worldwide. You snooze, you lose!

imaradiostar   Posted Saturday, Dec 23rd 3:27am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 977

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
last I checked there were 30 something in stock in Germany only and they were 300 something dollars.

Surely they'll produce more. Isn't it the whole point of mobile tradition?

jamie

JDBeyer   Posted Saturday, Dec 23rd 5:17pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 231

N. Humboldt county Ca.
82 323i on steroids
There were around 30 in May of this year,
I bought mine for just over $500. U.S. This was a price jump from $340. the year before.
I work at a dealer and will check price and avalibility after xmass if you want.
Jeff

Bill in MN   Posted Saturday, Dec 23rd 6:05pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 68

Minnesota USA
JD that would be great.

I've now checked with 4 dealers and all have told me the same thing. All were all right in there at$1600 to $1700 and change and all told me the same thing about low inventory. To be honest, I don't belieeve it. Prices were decent and inventory high the last time I checked.

I posted over on Jeroen's site to see if I could get one shipped over. Guess what?? Expensive as heck in the UK, where they used to be relatively cheap and plentiful a short time ago. Either the dealers figure they can make a quick buck or BMW is wanting these cars off the road. The best way to do that is to make it so expensive that nobody will fix them.

I LOVE a great conspiracy theory

Greg323i   Posted Sunday, Dec 24th 4:33pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 274

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
You wanna talk conspiracy? I checked the dealer here in Australia about the diff gasket and seal set (cover gasket and 5 seals, IIRC) that realoem.com has listed for around $63 and they quoted me close to $500. Twice, I called again another day because I couldn't believe it. They sold me the gasket for around $10 and I'll get the seals from Bearing Wholesalers for less than $50.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.