Tech Forum : What kind of new springs??

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - What kind of new springs??
pjs323i   Posted Monday, Jan 1st 12:07pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
Hey, i've put in new KYB Shockies about 6 months ago and my next mod is Springs. All i want to know is what are the best springs and how much they will lower the car on the front and back etc. Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers,
PJ

Boost_me   Posted Monday, Jan 1st 3:55pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 23

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
I had a friend (the one I told u about) that had king spring super lows and it dumped it about 2-3 inches depending on wheel/tyre combo. you could go ultra's and get around 4-5 I think.

ichiwan2   Posted Monday, Jan 1st 6:10pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 254

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BMW320/6(e21)
H&Rs lower by about 35mm to 40mm. Good enuff for me. See pics of my e21 via the link above.

Cheers!

ArnZ   Posted Wednesday, Jan 3rd 5:04am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 48

Qld, Australia
BMW 323i
i might be going down the king springs route wen i save up some $$$. but ill be only lowering it 1.5-2 inches, these cars arnt meant be "how low can u go?" there meant to be "look how fast i can go around corners" lol

any1 here running king springs?

Greg323i   Posted Wednesday, Jan 3rd 4:31pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 281

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
I have Kings on the rear with Bilsteins. I finally found Kings for the front but I've been waiting to rebuild my Bilsteins before I put them in. I'm getting kind of sick of bouncing off the bump stops on hard corners though so I may put them in before getting the shocks rebuilt.

The rear is a lot more stable since changing the springs and shocks and I imagine it's going to be much better in the front as well.

I love Pick-a-Part. All tallied, I paid about $60 for the 4 springs and about the same for the four shocks. The rebuild will run about $75 per shock but I only need to rebuild the fronts, the rears were fine.

ArnZ   Posted Wednesday, Jan 3rd 6:36pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 50

Qld, Australia
BMW 323i
greg323i how did u get 4 springs for 60 bucks???

pjs323i   Posted Thursday, Jan 4th 12:35am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
yeah i'm not after looks, i'm after performance. 35mm-40mm seems to be the average.

Greg323i   Posted Thursday, Jan 4th 4:07pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 282

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
ArnZ wrote:
greg323i how did u get 4 springs for 60 bucks???

Pick-a-Part charges about $30 for a pair. The cool thing is that the fronts for the 323i are the same as used on VB to VN Commodores. You could use them on the 4 cylinder, but I think the ride height would be a little higher. The lowered spring for the V8 Commodores is also used for standard height on the 4 cylinder. And I just happen to have a set of those I accidentally picked up, if anyone is interested in them.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.