-Thumbnails

Tech Forum : M20B20 into M20B23??

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - M20B20 into M20B23??
Coyote   Posted Friday, Jan 5th 7:50pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 18

Argentina
is it posible to turn a M20B20 into a M20B23 swapping some parts (not the block of course ...) i mean, the difference is the stroke right? is it posible to swap the crank, pistons, rods? any other mods would be required?

of course im only talking about displacement, i will stay carbed, i would prefer to avoid the kjet.

Gabi_323i   Posted Friday, Jan 5th 10:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 125

Bucharest, Romania
11/80 323i 2.7i Motronic 1.3
you just need the crank and pistons

Boost_me   Posted Saturday, Jan 6th 4:45am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 46

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Why do you choose a Carby over K-Jet??..Just a question, Something you don't like about K-Jet??..Good luck with your build.

ichiwan2   Posted Saturday, Jan 6th 8:23am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 256

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BMW320/6(e21)
Just done it. At the same time, had to get some welding done on stress fractures around the bolt holes on the block. Still running on Solex4A1. Engine still running-in, but can already feel the difference. Engine seems to be less laboured to get up to speed. Also changed rear diff to 3.45.

Keeping with carby as seems to run fine. Love the way one can just burn a somewhat more fuel with the carb. Carbies have a more old school feel to it.

It is a mild upgrade and to me, a worthwhile one. I get to keep the original block as it is one of the many rules for the car to be considered a classic. We get an 80% discount on road tax for cars above 25 years. So a year and a bit more to go for mine.

Coyote   Posted Saturday, Jan 6th 9:41pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 19

Argentina
basically the reason to stay carbed, is that down here, kjet parts are really hard to find and expensive. i will be using the car as a daily driver for a while, until i can get some extra cash for the upgrades.
so i need to have a car as simple and reliable as posible. also, down here, few people know how to work really well in CIS injection.

aussie323i   Posted Monday, Jan 8th 5:32am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 552

australia
1979 323i
yeah- we have a similar K-Jet situation down here in Australia. I went with the L-Jet system instead, but the carb is also a good option for cheapness.

Coyote   Posted Monday, Jan 8th 6:11am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 20

Argentina
eventually i would love to switch to turbo+megasquirt setup. but for the moment, a simple carb will do.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.