-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

Tech Forum : Electric Mirror's.......|:)

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Electric Mirror's.......|:)
Boost_me   Posted Monday, Jan 8th 7:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 57

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
I am having trouble with my Left hand (passanger) electric mirror, It wont move at all, So I went and got another one from the salvage yard, I put that one in and same problem, the 'click' but no movment, So then I got the old one and hooked it up to a battery, sure enough it moved, but only side to side not up and down, so I pulled it apart and put it back together to see if anything was jammed......Nothing jammed, tested again and it only moved side to side, still no up and down motion......This is sorta starting to frustrate me now and I dont know what to do about it.....Has anyone had this problem before?? (i'm sure you have) and how did you over come it?? Can I use an e30 mirror as I dont want to just keep buying $35 mirror's and get nowhere.....HELP

g323   Posted Monday, Jan 8th 7:32am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 73

California
323i 1982
buy the insurance at pick-n-pul on the next one, also, did you check all the circuits? did you see if all the door wires are good, what about the switch, did you clean the terminals?

Jason_323i   Posted Tuesday, Jan 9th 12:17am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 427

UK, Scotland
323i 2.7 tripple webber track car. Maserati Biturbo
Hi

9/10 times were the wire goes through the door

Jason

pjs323i   Posted Tuesday, Jan 9th 1:59am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
i have a problem with my mirrors too, but i know what it is because i was the one who broke it So if anyone has a spare electric mirror switch that they don't need then IMS me your details and i'll send you some $$$ however much you want...

Either through Western Union (i work in a western union) or Paypal, unless you are in Australia then i'll do a bank transfer...

Boost_me   Posted Tuesday, Jan 9th 4:52am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 59

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
I just don't understant why it's getting power but it's not moving, It's like it's Jammed on the inside of the plastic's. It's solinoid click's when I try to move it but it just doesn't wanna budge.....

kpeters   Posted Tuesday, Jan 9th 7:38pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 823

San Jose, Costa Rica
1981 320/6 Kastanienrot-Metallic 5spd
Boost_me wrote:
I just don't understant why it's getting power but it's not moving, It's like it's Jammed on the inside of the plastic's. It's solinoid click's when I try to move it but it just doesn't wanna budge.....

I know!

If you are getting the *clack* *clack* sound it's probably you mirror module, the switch on the door. It sometimes get's moist and dirty and can get damaged. It's easy to repair though, disassemble taking care not to lose some little balls and springs that are inside the switch and clean(repair) dirty or broken contacts. Good luck!

Boost_me   Posted Wednesday, Jan 10th 1:17am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 62

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Hey it could be!!!!

Im going to try that today and see how it works....

Thanks kpeters

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.