General Forum : Door seals are NLA!!!!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Door seals are NLA!!!!
Bill in MN   Posted Monday, Jan 15th 9:41pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 75

Minnesota USA
1988 735, 1986 535 turbo, 1981 Baur 323i
I can't believe it. I just got off the phone to get some door seals on the way and it's the same old story. This is getting ridiculous.

Boost_me   Posted Monday, Jan 15th 11:52pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 72

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
What story's that??? That their Uber expensive or that where running out of them??? Maybe somthing else???

chupchup   Posted Monday, Jan 15th 11:58pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 149

Singapore
320m20
If u need a set let me know. I have a spare set that is still in good condition.

Bill in MN   Posted Tuesday, Jan 16th 1:27am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 76

Minnesota USA
1988 735, 1986 535 turbo, 1981 Baur 323i
I couldn't frigging believe it. The dealer listed the PN and a price but there were 0 in inventory in the States. There was 1 listed for the drivers door overseas and none for the pass.

Chup.....This is the rubber that glues to the door. I not only need those but also the trim lock seals that fit on to the body. I'm thinking this is what you have?? If so, I'm interested. They shrunk since I pulled them off and no longer fit.

Boost... e21 parts are getting difficult to find around here. Stuff that was on the shelf and inexpensive a few months ago is now either NLA or quite costly. Take the door seal for instance. A few months ago it was a $20 item. Now there are none to be found and if you're lucky to get one, they now list at $94 (the price quoted today by the dealer). Walloth sells them for $17US plus shipping.

chupchup   Posted Tuesday, Jan 16th 12:38pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 150

Singapore
320m20
I have both.

The seals that fits on the inside of the cabin are in good condition, I would say 8.5-9/10. There are no tears that I remember. I can double check if you are really interested.

The ones that glues on the door are older. It looked the same as compared to whats on my current car now.

I can email you the pixs if u want to give me your email address.

cheers

Boost_me   Posted Tuesday, Jan 16th 4:50pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 77

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Damn dude, Prices around here aren't much better than that, we pay premium prices for our part's....It's bullshit I think.....try a hazard light switch for $125.00 aus moneys.....So around $100 USD.....

chupchup   Posted Tuesday, Jan 16th 11:26pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 154

Singapore
320m20
hmmmm ............ this is not good news........if things are going this way, i m gonna scrap my car, E21 or no E21!!!

Greg323i   Posted Wednesday, Jan 17th 12:41am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 285

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
Boost_me wrote:
Damn dude, Prices around here aren't much better than that, we pay premium prices for our part's....It's bullshit I think.....try a hazard light switch for $125.00 aus moneys.....So around $100 USD.....

I would never buy a new hazard switch. They are easy to fix and plentiful at the wreckers. I have about 3 in my glove box at any one time so if it does break I have a spare or two.

imaradiostar   Posted Wednesday, Jan 17th 3:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 985

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
I would never us a used hazard switch...too important to rely on a used part.

My point is: to each their own.

jamie

Greg323i   Posted Wednesday, Jan 17th 4:30pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 286

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
I agree, I normally don't buy used electrical because most of the time it will create more headaches than it's worth. After reading some posts where new hazard switches can fail after 3 months, though, it's the one thing that I don't think I'd purchase new.

[Edit]And sorry for jacking this thread! [/Edit]

pjs323i   Posted Thursday, Jan 18th 9:26am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
Totally aggree imaradiostar: i just brought a new one because i was sick of them breaking and shorting out my fuses But i've had no problems since i got a new one

chupchup   Posted Thursday, Jan 18th 11:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 158

Singapore
320m20
Yeeeahhh, I bought a new one too not so long ago. Glad to say that I also have a spare new one laying around somewhere - i try not to keep too many spares in the car, i have this issue about carrying "extra" weight......

Madhatter   Posted Monday, Jan 22nd 3:13am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 82

Australia - QLD
E21, E24, E30
so buy from bavauto then

melloh   Posted Monday, Jan 22nd 3:39am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 460

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
First time it happened, I bought a new switch. It lasted a couple months. Buy a new one again? Heck no. The push-pin has lasted 4 years, thank you very much ;o)

Oldmanwillie   Posted Tuesday, Jan 23rd 6:13am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

South Australia
1982 323i motorsport
yeah my hazard button is is a non event it wont move so im assuming im gonna have to get a new one or take a look at it myself.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.