-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : Front LEDA's installed!!!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Front LEDA's installed!!!
M42powered   Posted Thursday, Jun 19th 9:22am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 36

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
finished the page this afternoon. just like to keep people updated about the webpage

http://www.bimmerboys.com/webpage/silverdust/suspen/suspension.htm

chad   Posted Thursday, Jun 19th 8:22pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 11

saskatchewan, canada
79 320i, 82 320i
very nice, if you don't mind nic, what was the price you paid for the full leda setup? is it worth what you paid?

M42powered   Posted Thursday, Jun 19th 8:42pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 37

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
The kit as a whole including shipping, which was a little more exspencive for me, remember I did the fronts and rears seperately, is pushing 1800 (shipping overseas from Great Britian). I haven't totalled up the invoices yet, I'm a little scared too. But from what I recall that's the damage. Of course this includes EVERYTHING. I can get you individual prices and even order the pieces for you if you want. All I'd need to know is spring rates (this includes other model cars as well).

Here's how I fall asleep at night knowing I just spent this much money:
4 new koni adjustables (remember you have to remove the shocks to adjust them): 480 dollars (maybe more).

4 coilover collars from GC with eibach springs: 400 dollars

New ST sway bars from NOPI (trust me, you'd need them to get the same performance as the LEDA's): 270 dollars

Shipping of these 3 pieces from their locations: 60 bucks. maybe.
You're at more than 1150 dollars already without shipping.

I think being able to adjust the shocks from outside the car. Having more ride height adjustment and infinite spring combinations (2.5 ID springs are racing standard), and having a longer spring (7 inch rear, 5 front). Plus rebuildable shocks (save money down the road). Is worth 700 bucks to me.

And just from driving the car on city streets I can tell you it was worth every penny.

Any other questions... I don't mind answering them.

RDAvena   Posted Thursday, Jun 19th 11:40pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 34

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
1981 323i, 1988 545is, 1997 528i
Nic,

You prob got a much better deal than the Bilstein "rebuild" program that they have a hard time honoring. That still was/is a very impressive suspension set up. Like I said all the work that wnet into mine to get the base settings that you have without a rear and uprated front bar. Truly impressive.

M42powered   Posted Friday, Jun 20th 12:43am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 39

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
Next time we meet... I'll turn the shocks up for you Ray. They were on 8. Anything above 16 feels like a real race car.

Matt   Posted Friday, Jun 20th 1:25am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 31

SF Bay Area
81 320i
Nic, are you gonna install any sways?

M42powered   Posted Friday, Jun 20th 2:11am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 43

Arizona, USA
1981 BMW 320i
Yeah... externally adjustable koni's exist for many cars... just not an E21. I think they only adjust bound, not rebound.

Sway bars are down the road. I'm not sure If I'll even need them. I need to get some pics of me taking hard corners at the autocross to really see what the body roll situation is.

jbob   Posted Friday, Jun 20th 4:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 6

AZ, USA
81 320i
i'll take some pics for ya!!
when's the next autox anyways?

oh yeah, have u balanced ur car w/ the leda's on? not sure what u can use for a scale.....maybe find a trucker scale off I-10 or something.

*drool* hmmmm....pondering leda's.....cuz since i probably won't be getting a beater civic now, got some extra $ but dam, i just bought some koni-sorta-adjustables

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.