Tech Forum : 2.7 transplant issue

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - 2.7 transplant issue
Bill in MN   Posted Sunday, Jan 28th 2:18am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 87

Minnesota USA
1988 735, 1986 535 turbo, 1981 Baur 323i
I'm getting around to the fuel supply system and am decyphering the mess that was cobbed together on the 323. I'm guessing somebody tried to figure out a vapor lock issue by adding more vents instead of installing an in tank pump. Idiots!

Anyway, is it neccessary to utilize the charcoal canister system? I pulled it from my 535 with no ill effects but I'm not all that knowlegable on the M20. In searching various board archives I've not been able to come up with anything definative on this subject. In particualr, I put in an "i" motor. Common sense would tell me it won't make any difference. MN does not have smog inspections so if it doesn't need to be there, it ain't gonna be there

myersport   Posted Sunday, Jan 28th 2:50am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
I installed the canister in my swap. The difference is that I already had a return line and a vapor collector installed as my car was originally a US spec 320i. Leaving out the canister won't hurt, just plug the purge valve port. If you are hooking up an MIL lamp, it my light up if you remove the purge valve altogether, but I can't remember as it's been 6 or so years since I've been in the dealership, and we didn't see too many evap problems with e30's.
--Dennis

Bill in MN   Posted Sunday, Jan 28th 3:36am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 88

Minnesota USA
1988 735, 1986 535 turbo, 1981 Baur 323i
Thanks Dennis

When's a good time to call re: Motronic harness/fuse panel connector?

myersport   Posted Sunday, Jan 28th 5:35pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
Bill-
Evenings/weekends are are the best bet. My work, car project, and recording schedule is pretty hectic so it may take a couple of attempts. I will usually answer the phone though.
--Dennis

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.