-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : I'm Being Pulled To The Dark Side!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - I'm Being Pulled To The Dark Side!
myersport   Posted Thursday, Feb 15th 4:48am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 184

east tennessee
'82 320iS. '91 327iC
I've got my '91 e30 convertible running this week, and I hate to say that I actually enjoy Driving it around! But, me being me and all, it isn't an average e30 cabrio. It was a 325i with a slushbox which broke a timing belt, and the PO absolutely destroyed the head getting it apart. I got it pretty dagone cheep. Enter an 86 325e 5 speed with 350,000 miles that has been in the family for 16 years and looking for a reason to go to the scrapper. Into the cabrio goes the eta mill, 5 speed, and 2.93 diff, combined with an ebay Supereta ecu, while using the 325i intake and fuel injection, and I have an e30 convertible that gets 35mpg. And the damn thing pulls stronger than ANY eta ought to, all the way to 5300 rpm. It hits the rev limiter with authority. I swapped in the Koni Yellows from the eta, and the tires on the car only had 200 miles on htem when the belt broke. The car runs so well and handles so competently that I find myself thinking of other ways to improve the car. I already have another eta head I am thinking of port matching, porting/polishing, installing a hotter cam, reinstall the 'i' ecu, and upping the diff to a 3.25 or 3.45. Maybe some springs, swaybars..... HELP!!!! I can't wait for spring to get this car up to the mountains for some real driving!!
--Dennis

Boost_me   Posted Saturday, Feb 17th 5:31am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 110

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
What about the E21............

imaradiostar   Posted Saturday, Feb 17th 6:23am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1013

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
sounds like a really nice spring/fall driver!

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.