- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Brake bleeding question
Max   Posted Tuesday, Feb 20th 1:30pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 210

OC, CA, USA
85 635CSi euro, 89 325iA
Hello everyone,
Haven't visited you guys for a while because I did not have an e21 for a year or so. Now I'm back with silver 83 320i, most likely will keep it,such a great low mile car.Anyway, I serviced it today and because I was changing the clutch cylinders and hose ( what a PITA I flushed the brakes as well. Everything was fine and flushed fine except the driver's side rear brake, I could not get any fluid coming out of there. I thought the bleeder is clogged, so I removed it- same thing- nothing is coming out of the hole in the wheel cylinder ( and I have a pressure bleeder). What is clogged out there? The cylinder itself? I tried archives- nothing related to this. Any ideas? Should I just replace the cylinder on the LR wheel?
Thanks
Max

Greg323i   Posted Tuesday, Feb 20th 3:30pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 294

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
Remove the line going to the cylinder and see if there's any flow that way before replacing the cylinder.

ichiwan2   Posted Tuesday, Feb 20th 4:05pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 269

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BMW320/6(e21)
Have you opened up the rear caliper? What is the condition of the tip of the bleed bolt/screw? If the tip has broken off, it may be the cause of the blockage if it bonded with the caliper. U may want to open up the caliper to check if all else fails.

melloh   Posted Tuesday, Feb 20th 9:12pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 485

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
Same thing happened to me when i had purchased an e30 and was bleeding the brakes. Someone here suggested taking out the bleeder nipple completely, then get a long paperclip and reem it out good. Worked for me! I just made sure to give a few pumps of the brakes w/o the bleeder on so whatever was clogging wouldn't get stuck in the bleed nipple.

If this doesnt work for you, you may have to detach the line going to the caliper and see ifyou can pump out fluid from the line to determine if the bloackage is in the caliper or somewhere else down the hydraulic line (as suggested by Greg).

Much luck!

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.