General Forum : Compliance cards

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Compliance cards
Dr. Z   Posted Monday, Feb 26th 7:39am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 8

Adelaide, South Australia
1980 323i euro spec
My 323i has no compliance card, well not that I can see anyway. Where abouts is the compliance card located?

I've got a sticker from the manufacturer with the model number, tire pressure etc on the drivers door and another one with a/c and emissions info under the hood.

Is that all there is on our cars?

Madhatter   Posted Tuesday, Feb 27th 9:41am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 128

Australia - QLD
E21, E24, E30
You should have a vin plate installed on the right hand side of the engine bay. between the firewall and the shock tower.

If you dont have the plate, the only exception to the rule is for vehicles which have been stolen and recovered (if the plates were stolen in the heist), you might not have the vin plate but you will have a new chassis number which indicates the police service who issued the surrogate (new) number.

Hadrian   Posted Tuesday, Feb 27th 12:45pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

Australia, Melbourne
E21 323i
There's an A/C hose above the plate I believe?

Dr. Z   Posted Wednesday, Feb 28th 9:06am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 9

Adelaide, South Australia
1980 323i euro spec
Ok, it was maybe a little stupid to buy the car unsighted, but it was cheap and looked good

I can be sure that my car isn't stolen because I have received from the owner workshop receipts dating back to '92. But it has been used as a track car in the past (hence the racing stripes) and maybe the plate was taken out on an inspecti9on, registered as sporitng vehicle, or something.

I think I see the spot where the card should be, is it that little part of steele that's slightly raised from the chassis? kind of near the brake fluid?

Hadrian, my car's had an R134a conversion so the hose isn't over the plate any more (i'm guessing here).

Madhatter   Posted Wednesday, Feb 28th 3:11pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 130

Australia - QLD
E21, E24, E30
it is a metal plate, has two rivets through it, will have your chassis number on it.

If you dont have it and you dont have a legitimate reason for it to be removed, you will have major issues getting the car registered.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.