-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : Given up on your 323i, Boost Me?

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Given up on your 323i, Boost Me?
Greg323i   Posted Monday, Mar 12th 3:24pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 299

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
Boost Me's auction

Or did you just come here to use us all to get information to sell your car? I feel so used.

Madhatter   Posted Monday, Mar 12th 4:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 136

Australia - QLD
E21, E24, E30
lol, the problem has probably gotten to him, plus the cost of potential repairs

Greg323i   Posted Monday, Mar 12th 11:58pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 300

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
I see, when the going gets tough the tough go eBaying?

If you read through what he's posted he had huge plans for the car, wanting to spend much more on it than the few dollars he needs to fix it.

If I'd sold my car everytime it got difficult I would've sold it 10 or 15 times by now.

pjs323i   Posted Tuesday, Mar 13th 2:31am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
Greg323i wrote:
I see, when the going gets tough the tough go eBaying?

If you read through what he's posted he had huge plans for the car, wanting to spend much more on it than the few dollars he needs to fix it.

If I'd sold my car everytime it got difficult I would've sold it 10 or 15 times by now.

ditto. But i just love the bimmer so much, that usually leads me to just take it to a mechanic and let them sort it out

ArnZ   Posted Tuesday, Mar 13th 5:17am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 76

Qld, Australia
BMW 323i
wen times got tuff with my engine, i just bought a donar and swapped engines

prob the best thing to do with owning these older cars

elias_11   Posted Tuesday, Mar 13th 7:48am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 11

Australia
1982 BMW 323i
I just saw that auction now, and came on to see if there was a thread about it. I recognised the picture from the "What are my colours called?" thread. Thats too bad, it looks like a nice car. My advice, if you can, stick with it!

melloh   Posted Tuesday, Mar 13th 11:48am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 508

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
you can see what he wrote here:

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw/bmw_3_series_e21/8303636-1.html

Should we all send him a bunch of negative ebay feedback so nobody will buy the car???

Greg323i   Posted Tuesday, Mar 13th 3:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 301

Melbourne, Australia
1982 Hennaröt 323i
melloh wrote:
you can see what he wrote here:

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw/bmw_3_series_e21/8303636-1.html

Should we all send him a bunch of negative ebay feedback so nobody will buy the car???

Nah, why waste the time? Let someone who's really going to enjoy it buy it and enjoy it. I'd buy it if I had the money. I was going to offer him some help if he had continuing problems but let someone who'll appreciate it buy it.

pjs323i   Posted Wednesday, Mar 14th 8:20am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
couldn't aggree more, greg323i

Boost_me   Posted Sunday, Mar 18th 8:14am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 142

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
I took it off e-bay 2 days before it finnished.....I have found another new love for this car within the last few week's...(I think I have fallen in and out of love with my car about 10 times in the last 3 month's lol)...And yes it was getting very tough for me......I actually dropped out of school because I had so much time off.....Reason being I had no transport..(Full-time student so I'm not working atm = VERY limited $$$)....and to get there by public transport would take in exess of 3hr's, So I dropped out and will pick it back up next simester, I spoke to my teacher......So between now and then I will iron out the imperfection's and it will be ready when I need it.......I don't know what else to say....Except, think what you want, I just had to do somthing about it and with the amount of stuff I brought and changed on this car, including countless hour's of trying to diagnose the problem, I thought it was never going to be fixed, It took me a month to find the problem (plus I have had a family member pass away in the last 4 week's aswell so I am not thinking staight, I was looking for practaclity for school at the time)......I did recieve alot of help here and for that I am greatful....Thank-you all for the support and hopfully this thread wont deam me an outcast......Until then....

Matt

aussie323i   Posted Sunday, Mar 18th 1:48pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 561

australia
1979 323i
Don't worry matt... we've all been there- I nearly pulled my hair out with my 323i in the first year I had it, although once sorted, the car has now given me 7 years of virtually trouble free motoring.

It has some niggling problems at the moment that I'll get to sometime, like replacing the diff that has a bad clunk.... although I've been driving with the same clunky diff for around 5 years and it hasn't let go!

Anyhow... glad to hear you've seen the light and are going to perservere with the car. Your car is far neater than mine is right now (I've had 2 crashes in mine!) and is well worth the effort.

Cheers

NSR21L   Posted Sunday, Mar 18th 2:35pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 23

Sydney NSW
BMW E21 323i
Thought i would i would extend on what aussie323i had to say, honestly i had so many problems with my 323 in the past, spending hundreds on changing parts and it's funny that i thought the same as Greg323i i would have sold the car 10-15 times over as well lol due to the frustration & cursing etc... ocasionally i would think of changing the engine as well which i for one did'nt want to do, but i as well thank everyone here on this forum for keeping my enthusiasm alive especially aussie323i for your help with the L-jet conversion, i absolutly love my 323 now! anyways enough of me.

good to see that your keeping that 323i Boost_metheres not many on the road no'a'days

Boost_me   Posted Monday, Mar 19th 2:43am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 145

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Thank's guy's I really do love this car probably more than any other car I've owned (and I've owned a few let me tell you)......I will persevere with this car because it's just such a good little car (when it's going)lol Thank's for the encourging word's guy's.....I need some local peep's that I can talk with and get together with and play car's....That alone tell's me thattheir aren't may of these car's around like you said NSR21L........I only heard of L-Jet last night from pjs323i and I have an intrest in finding out as much as possible.....Is there any form of guide on the net where someone's has documented converting?? This should be another Thread so I'f there is info out there on it open a new thred with it.....

Hadrian   Posted Friday, Mar 23rd 2:38am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 19

Australia, Melbourne
E21 323i
Boost_me: I was going to convert my car to L-jetronic but have decided not to, I have almost all the necessary parts for the conversion so if you are going to do it... let me know

aussie323i   Posted Saturday, Mar 24th 9:46am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 563

australia
1979 323i
Hey there Boost Me

I guess I have posted on this stuff as much as anyone... if you check out my car (click on link at the top of the post) you can see what the completed L-Jet with a K&N pod filter looks like in the e21. Madhatter has posted on the L-Jet conversion too, you can search for that thread too if you like.

There's plenty of discussion on the topic through these three threads...

(thanks to Max from this board who helped me trouble shoot my conversion and gave me tips on what I needed to get the job done ).

L-Jet Pros and Cons:
http://e21.tricord.be/forum/view.php?view=4451

L-Jet Success:
http://e21.tricord.be/forum/view.php?view=4708

L-Jet Pinout:
http://e21.tricord.be/forum/view.php?view=24399

Cheers

Boost_me   Posted Sunday, Mar 25th 2:49pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 155

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Thank's heap's man, Hey I was wondering, I noticed that you have a series 1, mine is a 1981 serie's 2, I was wondering if there is anything different?? I am aware that the wiring might be?? If so does anyone know who/where or how I can get this info?? At the moment I am collecting part's and every piece of information I can about this conversion......So any more info on conversion's would be awsome........I am unsure of what exactly is different about serie's 1 & 2.....So if anyone know's what the differences are that would be great too.....aussie323i how long have you had the conversion for?? I think I read in one of the thread's you posted that you've had "two year's of worry free motoring." When was this posted?? It's unfortunate this forum doesn't show the year the post was made.......Anyways thank's aussie323i for the info and Hadrian who I will be sorcing a large portion of the part's from (Pretty much everything...lol)......When it come's time I will document the conversion for refrence......

aussie323i   Posted Saturday, Mar 31st 5:08pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 564

australia
1979 323i
hmmm well I've had my car since 2000, so it's history is all starting to get a little hazy in my memory

I'm pretty sure I did the L-Jet conversion in early 2004. I guess it's been about 3 years now since I did the conversion. Still have had no problems with it what so ever.

I think that as far as wiring goes there is not much difference between my series 1 323i, and the series 2 323i... my car is a late build series 1, and has some of the updated parts that came on the series 2.

Boost_me   Posted Sunday, Apr 1st 3:24am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 169

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Oh sweet, thank's dude, I've got so many other little thing's going on with this car that I don't think I am going to worry about the L-jet conversion at this point in time, But I have been looking at the local wrecking yard and there is 2 E30 323i and also 2 E28 5'ers there too so I dont have a shortage of part's!!!

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.