Tech Forum : PAS resivour placement?

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - PAS resivour placement?
sunbeam***   Posted Monday, Apr 30th 10:27pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 290

wirral UK
1982 323i
OK so i've got all the bits i need to fit the power steering and i'm fitting it this weekend.
I am going to have to drill holes to mount the fluid header, so i would like a clue where it should go as its pretty crowded on the N/S inner wing(RHD Car) a photo would be great??

paul dyer   Posted Monday, Apr 30th 11:17pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 29

manchester england
1977 rhd 320i/4
From memory the header tank go's between the battery tray and the front corner of the inner wing(behind the headlight)if you still need pics by sunday afternoon i will take some and some measurements with the header removed so you can see where the holes go(no fluid in my header tank at the moment!)..p.s. if you ims me a email address i have a photo you could have a look at with the header showing..paul..

Jason_323i   Posted Tuesday, May 1st 2:09pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 448

UK, Scotland
323i 2.7 tripple webber track car. Maserati Biturbo
Hi

You can see it clear on mine with the battery removed

sunbeam***   Posted Tuesday, May 1st 6:12pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 291

wirral UK
1982 323i
Thanks guys

pjs323i   Posted Wednesday, May 2nd 2:25am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
What do you need PAS for?!?! be a real man!! (just joking i want it on mine keep us updated on how it goes for you)

sunbeam***   Posted Thursday, May 3rd 10:26pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 293

wirral UK
1982 323i
OK Last question, i promise?
Had a spare hour tonight so i stripped of the crank damper and the old alternator bracket to fit the new alternator/PAS pump bracket. Fitted the new alloy bracket with the steel arms for the pas pump and offered the pas pump up to have a look. The pas pulley is going to sit VERY close to the bottom radiator hose, is this right or have i got the steel arms bolted on wrong?
Help! i want to get the job done without a problem on saturday morning so i can get it tracked before everywhere closes for the bank holiday weekend

english320i   Posted Monday, May 7th 11:35am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

manchester england
1977 rhd 320i
Most likely too late! But those metal brackets shaped like hockey sticks mount with the head pointing downward and away from engine block.I remember it being tight for space around the p.a.s.pump.hope the job went smoothly..paul..p.s. login seems to have locked me out of my original account!!

sunbeam***   Posted Monday, May 7th 3:22pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 295

wirral UK
1982 323i
Job's all done and i've got to say the difference is amazing! it feels like a new car. If anyone has the chance to swap from rack and pinion to PAS, go for it, it's probably the best driveability mod you can do.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.