General Forum : Cleaning our cars....

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Cleaning our cars....
Boost_me   Posted Tuesday, May 29th 8:56am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 255

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Hey everyone, it's been pretty dead here for the last couple of weeks or so.....I wonder why?, isn't it comming to good weather in your country's??? (USA & Europe) I know here in Australia our weather is really irratic, all over the place.....That bring's me to my title subject. Cleaning 320's(any car really).....Ok now you might think why would we want a thread on cleaning Matt?? Well I'll tell you why.....I used to be a detailer a Mercedes-Benz and know and like to have my car spick and span, the problem being in my country, is we have water restriction's, meaning that no-one is allowed to wash their car, use a garden hose or have 15minute shower's(Apperently 3 mins is enough)..........Now me being an ex-detailer and wanting to keep my car clean(Read: Perfectionist) this serves to be a problem.....The answer (for me anyway) is to not drive down muddy/dirt roads and when it rain's I try to keep my car WET!!! Then when I go home I can chamois it down and it's like she just had a wash.....I use a little bit of warm water from the tap ( ) just to get the ball rolling (wet chamios and part's of car that arent wet) and it seem's to work pretty well.....I think over the 6 months I've had my car I've washed it properly maybe 2 times.....I think I do the 'Rain wash' maybe 1-3 times a week depending on weather and car situation's....And all up I think I've used maybe 5 litre's of water......Pretty good!!!

Water restriction's + Being a Perfectionist = Now able to work together closly......

Anyway this is Matt just trying to make some noise in this quiet quiet place......

Madhatter   Posted Tuesday, May 29th 11:44am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 199

Australia - QLD
E21, E24, E30
Rainwater tank = great

Seriously, if i had a problem like that, i would take my sponge, chamois and microfibre towels down to somewhere like car lovers and use their water. You can wet it down, then rinse it after washing and it wont make any difference to them

chupchup   Posted Tuesday, May 29th 2:40pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 219

Singapore
320m20
i use a power jet (or whatever it is called) and it is great, all the dust and grit gets blown off. Its suppose to use less water too.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.