- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Boost_me   Posted Saturday, Jun 2nd 3:08pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 264

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
6:45pm Saturday 02/06/2007.

This is the result of some F$%*ING-IDIOT NOT LOOKING WHERE HE WAS GOING AT A ROUND-A-BOUT, I was 3/4 of the way through and he just kept on going.....

ArnZ   Posted Saturday, Jun 2nd 4:25pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 110

Qld, Australia
BMW 323i
ohhhhhh shhhh****tttt, bad luck man

hasnt been a good day for me either, lost my wallet with cash

sunbeam***   Posted Saturday, Jun 2nd 10:49pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 297

wirral UK
1982 323i
Insurance wright off,what a way for a e21 to go!!!! will you buy it back and get the repair done yourself? gutted for you M8.

davethedog   Posted Sunday, Jun 3rd 12:41am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 172

Northants, England
E21 320
I'm gutted for you. Same thing happened to me in my wife's Vectra, although it did'nt matter as it's only a crappy Vauxhall.

Boost_me   Posted Sunday, Jun 3rd 1:23pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 265

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Yeah I'm pretty torn up over it.....I was thinking if they don't pay for it then I'll go and buy a 320 and keep my 323 and do a conversion. Not sure on what I'm going to do yet though I hjave to wait for the other guy's insurance company to conntact me......So until then she's sitting in my garage all broken 'n' stuff and I'm not allowed to touch her (insurance reason's)..............

I'm a very very sad man

jbob   Posted Sunday, Jun 3rd 2:36pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 384

AZ, USA
81 320i
ah man, that sucks! glad you're okay & it seems like it could've been a lot worse if your car got pushed into a curb or another car.

good luck on the insurance stuff...hopefully everything will work out for the best

pjs323i   Posted Monday, Jun 4th 3:18am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
bad luck mad it sucks hardcore... i remember the feeling when i crashed mine, but that was my fault i can't imagine how much you want to punch that guy out right now You might have bent your trailing arm, hub and bearing(like me). I got one off arnz and its been tops i haven't had a problem. He gave me mine from the right hand side and it looks like you where hit on the left so he might have one for you. (Sorry to put your hand up arnz)

I hate bad drivers (Don't we all) and Canberra is full of them. Because Canberra is a planned city it has nice open roads with 6 lane freeways between the main suburbs and parliament house etc...where you can only do 80km/h. Its also full of roundabouts. so due to the ease of driving on our roads and slow speeds on 6 lane freeways people tend to become complacent and distracted. Thats when they like to tailgate and don't look when they go through a roundabout. Infact 1/3 of car accidents within ACT are rear-enders...

ArnZ   Posted Monday, Jun 4th 10:59am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 112

Qld, Australia
BMW 323i
yeh mate i got a left side rear trailing arm if ya need one,

are you gonna fix your car or is it a write off???

pm me if ur interested

chupchup   Posted Monday, Jun 4th 6:27pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 225

Singapore
320m20
I think u need good lawyer.......... that's what I did when the insurance folks tried to muck around with me.

Boost_me   Posted Tuesday, Jun 5th 2:05am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 267

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
I don't know what I'm going to do yet. After speaking to the police on the phone the day after they said the next thing for me to do is wait for his insurance company to conntact me.......I want to keep it. But I think it's a write-off. I really hurts to go outside and see your baby in the shape of a f%&*ing bannana, I can see on the unsmashed side of the car that it comes out......My car was so clean and had potential....That was before this d*ckhe@d drives straight into it.........If I get paid out it'll be worth what?? $2,000-$4,000 depending.....Now to me it's worth alot more......And I'm trying to think of a way to get paid-out and keep my car, then I can get another 320 and build and engine/tranny/diff package out of my smashed car......I WANT FORCED INDUCTION!!!

Hey I just had a thought, If I had-of had a turbo, I would have been boosting around 2-2500rpm, To the best of my knowledge when he hit me I was in 2nd doing about 3-3500rpm, I would have been ON-BOOST and probably JUST avoided the accident because I would have been going faster......DAMN THEY SHOULD FIT TURBO'S ON THE BABY 6 FROM THE FACTORY!!!! As and escape guide...lol..Good advertising point too.....

pjs323i   Posted Tuesday, Jun 5th 3:29am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
lol...maybe if it had a supercharger for the low revs then you would have gotten away even faster

one of my mates had a lady cut him off in his e28 535i. the car was an economic write-off. they paid out $6G and let him keep the wreck...so just talk to the insurance agency and see what you can come up with. but keep your head held high, you'll get another one and when you do you'll love it just as much because your little 323i will live on in it. Looking forward to seeing it mate and good luck

pjs323i   Posted Wednesday, Jun 13th 9:38am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
hey boost...any news whats up with her???

Boost_me   Posted Wednesday, Jun 13th 4:02pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 270

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
Yeah.......The guy that hit me has decided to go through the insurance company......Someone is coming out Tuesday to evaluate it and then I have to wait for a call......That's it for now....It's really starting to kill me dudes.......

aussie323i   Posted Thursday, Jun 14th 3:47am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 576

australia
1979 323i
Having recently gone through this.... they will write it off for sure. They will give you around $1700 (85% of value- they'll value it at $2000) and unless you have comprehensive insurance, your insurance company will not help you, and you will have to take what they offer because it's too expensive to pursue through court (even though your insurer tells you the book price on your car should be $3000-$4000).

On the upside- at least in SA, not sure about ACT- because it's a economic write off- not a structural one- you can simply fix it yourself. When they give you so little money, you won't have to buy back the wreck, you will keep it for free.

I managed to get my car drivable again for $1000- although this didn't cover paint etc, so it looks like a heap of crap now, but at least I can drive it around.....

Hopefully you get a fairer evaluation than I did.

Good Luck

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.