-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

Tech Forum : L-jet & Motronic Throttle position sensor.

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - L-jet & Motronic Throttle position sensor.
NSR21L   Posted Tuesday, Jul 10th 9:19am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 49

Sydney NSW
BMW E21 323i
Hi guys, im wondering, are there any differences between a e30 323i L-jet Tps(bosch P/N:0 280 120 301) & e30 325e Motronic Bosch P/N: 0 280 170 301)

i've just recently rebuilt my engine having it blueprinted & converted from K to L-jet & now im a little stuck it idles smoothly but when i apply throttle it hesitates backfires and does not increase rpm, i've checked the ignition side and thats ok, I also checked the fuel side and the only thing i can notice is the TPS p/n is not the same as the 323 TPS i'm going to change the injectors soon so ill see if theres any change & let you all know.

will greatly appreciate your feedback.

cheers,

Simon

TJ   Posted Tuesday, Jul 10th 11:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 27

NY, USA
82 528e2i 84 320i/4 80 320i
I wouldn't worry about the part numbers. I noticed the 325i and 325e numbers are different also but I guarantee they are exactly the same thing. Just take a multimeter to the TPS and make sure that one side of the switch closes only at idle like it is supposed to.

Since you converted from K-jet, also make sure that there is a connection from your ignition module to the RPM input on the L-jet. I found that on the 318i at least, the L-jet won't work without the RPM input.

NSR21L   Posted Tuesday, Jul 10th 3:34pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 50

Sydney NSW
BMW E21 323i
Im pretty sure i have the rpm input wire connected, if i didnt i wouldnt be getting a reading on the rev counter, or is there another rpm wire?

TJ   Posted Wednesday, Jul 11th 9:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 28

NY, USA
82 528e2i 84 320i/4 80 320i
IIRC, on the e30 the signal for the tachometer comes from a connector near the ECU inside the car, while on the e21 it's on the opposite side (through the fuse box). Where is the ECU on a righthand-drive car BTW?

I was just thinking that if you had to make splices in the engine bay related to the conversion something could have been overlooked. But if your tach works then it's probably not the issue.

Did you check ignition timing? And do you have the correct AFM?

NSR21L   Posted Wednesday, Jul 11th 1:09pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 51

Sydney NSW
BMW E21 323i
the Timing seems to be fine & the AFM is from a e28 520i its the same as the e30 323i

yeah my computer is on the left hand & bolted on the bar inside and in the ceiling of the glovebox.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.