General Forum : Cheap door seals

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Cheap door seals
Bill in MN   Posted Thursday, Jul 26th 12:15am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 167

Minnesota USA
1988 735, 1986 535 turbo, 1981 Baur 323i
FWIW I found a source for new door seals for $50. These are the ones that are on the body, not the door. The only downside is they only have them for the left door but I did some playing around and found that it will actually work with both sides. As a result I ordered another one and found that they have more in stock.

I'm not sure if they are OEM but I really don't care. At less than half the cost of other suppliers I'm not going to complain. The quality is good and it fits just fine.

The company name is Car Parts Disount inc. They have an ebay store and that's where I found them. I don't recall their website addy but their phone # is listed on their ebay store. A real live human answered the phone and they were quite nice to do business with.

imaradiostar   Posted Friday, Jul 27th 11:26pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1073

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
Thanks for the info man- I'm glad you're willing to share a good source for parts. All too often it's tempting to hide something good with the thought that the parts won't be available when you need them for yourself.

(Still kicking myself about not buying a dash three years ago when they were cheap...)

jamie

Bill in MN   Posted Saturday, Jul 28th 7:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 168

Minnesota USA
Share the love, baby, share the love

Bill in MN   Posted Thursday, Aug 2nd 5:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 169

Minnesota USA
UPDATE

I got the other seal today and I can report that indeed the sides are interchangeable. The ETK and everything BMW says there are 2 part numbers, for what reason I don't know. Both fit perfectly and gone are the annoying door rattles I've been fighting for a month now!!

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.