- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Big Problem.......
MayanArch   Posted Monday, Sep 3rd 5:02am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1361

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
Ok, I want some counseling here....

I gave the full electronics to a member of this board, who said he would help me restore them. They were a real tangle of old alarm and stereo systems, and I needed the upgrate to Motronic.

It has been several months, and I cant find the guy anymore. He is not answering IMS, emails, telephone calls, or even FedEx letters requesting that he get back to me.

I guess I could look him up to see where he has moved or what his new telephone number is...........but that is intrusive. However, I have run out of options. Its either forget about the parts I gave him and buy new ones.......or track him down and press the issue.

Boost_me   Posted Monday, Sep 3rd 1:12pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 290

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
I say pursue it if you really want those part's back and can be bothered chasing him down.....On the other hand if you have better thing's to do and can afford new part's I wouldn't waste my time....

BruceH   Posted Monday, Sep 3rd 3:44pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1156

Atlanta, GA USA
81 323 Baur, 85 745
Sometimes people's lives get in the way of projects. Why don't you name him here, in a non-derogatory fashion, and hope that one of us in the e21 world is still in touch with him?

After all we are a community.....

melloh   Posted Monday, Sep 3rd 9:41pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 591

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
I agree. My first assumtion would be that since he/she volunteered to take this task on, it is very possible he/she has volunteered to take on other tasks from other people and simply has too many projects running simultaneously to keep track. Whether it is blind or warranted, I have trust and faith from standing members of this forum/community.

If you are reluctant to post up the name publicly, perhaps IMS to the forum staff first might help (Tric, RDavena, M42Powered, Marqu...). Good luck. Expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.

MayanArch   Posted Tuesday, Sep 4th 1:43am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1362

Florida, USA
Well, thats the thing. I have no reason to mistrust, other than the fact that he has gone missing for almost 3 months now..........and isnt answering emails, IMS, and has changed his telephone number.

Hey, I even tried sending him a Priority Overnight letter asking him to contact me.

It is Alan Watlington AKA bmw_m_320i

I had great communication with Al up until about three months ago...and then he vanished. I hope everything is OK with him. I would rather lose parts than hear that something bad happened.

melloh   Posted Tuesday, Sep 4th 5:03am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 592

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
I see your point. There really isn't anyhting more you can do. I just did a quick white pages search. Could any of these be him?

http://www.whitepages.com/10583/search/FindPerson?extra_listing=mixed&form_mode=opt_b&post_back=1&firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=Alan+&name=Watlington+&street=&city_zip=&state_id=

MayanArch   Posted Tuesday, Sep 4th 1:50pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1364

Florida, USA
I know he just moved to MOntana 6 months ago. Unless he picked up and went elsewhere again....then....

BruceH   Posted Tuesday, Sep 4th 2:31pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1157

Atlanta, GA USA
81 323 Baur, 85 745
Walloth und Nesch has harnesses.

bmw_m_320i   Posted Saturday, Sep 8th 10:16pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 775

Helena, Montana
none right now :(
I'm back.......I had ALOT on my plate, and I apologize for taking so long, your harness is at the top of my list now

sunbeam***   Posted Sunday, Sep 9th 12:08am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 313

wirral UK
1982 323i
Now there's a happy ending!

MayanArch   Posted Sunday, Sep 9th 12:28am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1368

Florida, USA
bmw_m_320i wrote:
I'm back.......I had ALOT on my plate, and I apologize for taking so long, your harness is at the top of my list now

I never thought you skipped town on me. Just couldnt figure it out.

The car is pretty much waiting for the harness....and then she is ready to roll.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Boost_me   Posted Monday, Sep 10th 2:29am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 291

Victoria, Australia
1981 BMW 323i
And the people in this community proove themseleves again.....The e21 BMW group is probably the most honest and loyal out of all the car club/ forum's I've joined.....Good for you!!!! Like seriously.....Not Sarcasticly.....

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.