-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : Tailgating Bavarian Style!!!!!!!!!!

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Tailgating Bavarian Style!!!!!!!!!!
MayanArch   Posted Friday, Sep 21st 6:37am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1387

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
This is tailgating Bavarian style:

Oooops.....sorry. the image should be rotated. Maybe too much Wersteiner tonight. GO CANES!!.

Hadrian   Posted Friday, Sep 21st 7:38am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 61

Australia, Melbourne
E21 323i
I don't get it

MayanArch   Posted Friday, Sep 21st 8:29am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1388

Florida, USA
Hadrian wrote:
I don't get it

"tailgate" is what Americans do before football games. Basically, beer, bar-b-cue, hot dogs, all in the parking lot of the stadium.

It gets its "tailgate" name from pickup trucks....because you basically lower the truck bed's tail gate....sit and enjoy some laughs before the game.

Its not as eccentric as stabbing the opponent's fans....like in England....or urinating in the ancient fountains in Rome.....but it is fun.

jdench   Posted Friday, Sep 21st 7:50pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 181

Sussex, UK
1979 E21 323i, 1998 E36 323i touring
Every country has to have a hobby

MayanArch   Posted Friday, Sep 21st 11:03pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1389

Florida, USA
jdench wrote:
Every country has to have a hobby

stabbing the opposing fans?

paul dyer   Posted Saturday, Sep 22nd 3:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 35

manchester england
1977 rhd 320i/4
In england tailgating means driveing too close to the car infront(normally done by idiot sales reps on the motorway/highway)..

MayanArch   Posted Saturday, Sep 22nd 4:06pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1390

Florida, USA
paul dyer wrote:
In england tailgating means driveing too close to the car infront(normally done by idiot sales reps on the motorway/highway)..

means that here too.

"We are going to tailgate before the game. Drink some beers...cook some burgers...yeah, man! Go (insert Team name)!!"

OR WHILE DRIVING

MIAMI: "I am slamming on my brakes to get this tailgating hijo de puta off my ass...... Mierda! he's got a gun!"

DALLAS: "Geeet dat rice cooker off my ass, boy....or yur gonna geeet to see my tailgate up reeeel close. Ya know what I mean?!"

NEW YORK: "Watsdamater wit you?! Who taught you how to drive. You tailgating bastard!"

SAN FRANCISCO: "Mmm, who's this? someone wants to ride my tail. Oh, I love it when big husky men want to ride my tail. Come closer, and let me show you how to tailgate me honey."

WEST PALM BEACH: "click, click....click, click....click, click.....(sound of Cadillac turn signal going on and on indefinetly) Oy vey. Phillis. Look at all these schleps. The traffic is so bad. It must be lined up two miles behind us. Why are they tailgating us adn honking? Phillis. Look over the dash board, and tell me if we are at the Denny's yet."

THE DEEP SOUTH: "Oh, shit! There's three monster trucks tailgating us. They look like they mean business. Oh, man....and we've got a Jew, a black guy, and a Catholic in the car. Oh, man...we're dead."

LOS ANGELES: "Puta. Jose. Mira ver quien nos esta siguiendo. Creo que es La Migra. Puta! Nos van a deportar! Puta! Estos gringos de mierda nos van a deportar! No. Es un quilio hijo de puta. Porque esta tan lejos. Nos estan siguiendo! Pedro! le pagaste a el coyote? Nos van a matar! Puta!"

TRANSLATION: "Golee. Josesph. Why is that car so far away. Why are they not tailgating us like everyone else. Strange to see someone driving so far behind. I think it might be the honerable United States Government Immigration and Naturalization Services. I think they will kindly send us back over the border to rejoin our relatives. These North Americans are so nice. No. I think it is just an Officer of the Law. No, he is driving too courteously. Golee. Could it be the nice gentleman that helped us to legally get into this country? Peter. Did you remember to reinburse him for his kind services?"

And that concludes your American English lesson for the day...

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.