- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Colour Hunting.
yabby323   Posted Monday, Oct 1st 10:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

Adelaide, Australia
bmw 323i
Hello ladies and gentlemen...
hey i've finally decided what colour my car gets. Topasbraun metallic. i haven't askd round much yet and wonder if any of you can help me find out where to source it without going overseas.?

Madhatter   Posted Tuesday, Oct 2nd 12:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 245

Australia - QLD
E21, E24, E30
any good automotive paint supplier will be able to provide you with the colour in just about any form of paint you go with. Just take in the colour code and they will be able to make you up as much as you want. Open your phone book or maybe ask a few workshops in your area about who they use as suppliers.

Last couple of cars we have done, used the same supplier and tried some standox acrylic paints and the results were pretty good.

Id really like to have a look at some of the new ceramic clears that people have been raving about lately. I was reading some of the info my brother got from tafe (he is a spray painter) and it looks like some pretty awesome stuff. Very hardy, great scratch resistance and will stand up to acidic substances like bird/bat droppings.

Just need an over hot enough to bake it

yabby323   Posted Wednesday, Oct 3rd 9:09am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

Adelaide, Australia
bmw 323i
yeah ok. i didn't think it'd be that easy. i've only seen the colour on a car on this forum, but i'll get a sample sometime i'm sure. and definitley going all out on clear, tire3d of seeing them f@#$ up after 5 years. it's a way off yet, still some rust and enginebay work to do. thanks for the advice.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.