BMW E21
 
Navigation
 -Home
 -Search
 -News
 -Portal

Site Account
 -Login
 -Register
 -Online Users


Forums
 -General Forum
 -Tech Forum
 -News Archives
 -Cars

Files
 -Overview

E21
 -About
 -Parts
 -Funstuff
 -Classifieds
 -Links
 -Projects

Features
 -Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails


Tech Forum : Installing a windshield???

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Installing a windshield???
  Posted Thursday, Feb 7th 2:11pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1504


How hard is it to install your own windshield? Has anyone done this, or is it prudent to just get one of those mobile installers to do it?

  Posted Friday, Feb 15th 2:46am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 3


I took my windshield out a couple of days ago (after first finding out how much it would cost to have it replaced, in case I broke it). I have enclosed pictures of the instructions I followed, but I got to tell you, it was really in there, and I thought for sure it was going to crack on me. I did get it out in one piece, but I think I’m just going to have someone put it back for me. The quote I got (I’m in the Washington DC area) for having a new one put in by a mobile installer was $195.00, and this included the windshield (but not the seal).
Hopefully you have a second pair of hands to help you out.


Good luck and
--NS

  Posted Saturday, Feb 16th 4:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1506


Yeah, I cracked mine trying to get it out.

Thanks a bunch

Al

  Posted Saturday, Feb 16th 3:15pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1163


Cracked mine coming out. Paid a pro to install the new one. He struggled. It was well worth the $70.

  Posted Wednesday, Mar 19th 12:20am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 12


MayanArch wrote:
Yeah, I cracked mine trying to get it out.

Thanks a bunch

Al
And me


Thread Administration
 

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.