-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

Tech Forum : Idle problem with Motronic Stroker..

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Idle problem with Motronic Stroker..
MayanArch   Posted Friday, Apr 18th 3:06am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1534

Florida, USA
Baur E21 2.7 1982, Baur E30 318i 1985, 323i 1978
OK, everything is done with my Baur, but I am having a very eratic idle. It is the 1.3 Motronic, the E21 323i head with the 325is intake plenum, and the 2.7 Eta block. It has BavAuto headers.

The head was pormatched to the intake plenum. The head and the block and the fuel management are stock otherwise.

Its really anoying as everything seems to be working. There are no vacuum leaks that I or mechanics can detect. The injectors were cleaned and calibrated. The MAF and the idle control valves were tested. The O2 sensor is new, but the wires were extended.

JJG323   Posted Friday, Apr 18th 1:27pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1351

Reading MA USA
1979 BMW 323i
Hmm, can you use the 323i head with the 325i manifold? I think thats where the problem may be.

Why did you not use the 325i head and motronic injectors?

Does it have full power and run? What is the problem with it idleing. Does it stall?

MayanArch   Posted Friday, Apr 18th 4:06pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1536

Florida, USA
The injectors are the injectors that go with the intake plenum.

The e21 head was port matched to the motronic 325is intake plenum. Everything that attatches to the intake....throttle, MAF, idle control, injectors, spark plugs, harness, ect is from a 325is.

I have stock flywheel and the block and head components are all stock.

It would not idle at all. I tweaked the adjustment screw on the throttle body to keep it going.

It is very erratic and jumps from 400RPM to 1800RPM. It runs smooth if you hit the gas pedal and get it above 1500 RPM.

It smells like it is running rich, but I have not tested it.

I dont think I am the only one to put a 2.7 on a E21 head casting.....or to put the "i" setup on. Isnt the E21 head csting basically the same as a 325e...but with better internal components?

Isnt this a common practice amongst ETA fans?

JJG323   Posted Saturday, Apr 19th 1:34am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1352

Reading MA USA
1979 BMW 323i
I see. It could be a that there is something wrong with the computer - motronic itself. Do you have the correct unit? What year car is it from.

Do you have a custom chip or aftermarket one in it.

MayanArch   Posted Saturday, Apr 19th 6:20pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1539

Florida, USA
stock 1.3 motronic....nothing special. It was bought used....but it was supposedly tested and working.

I was actually tring to get the SplitSec piggy-back fuel management system on there....but it is impossible without first having the fundamentals right.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.