BMW E21
 
Navigation
 -Home
 -Search
 -News
 -Portal

Site Account
 -Login
 -Register
 -Online Users


Forums
 -General Forum
 -Tech Forum
 -News Archives
 -Cars

Files
 -Overview

E21
 -About
 -Parts
 -Funstuff
 -Classifieds
 -Links
 -Projects

Features
 -Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails


Tech Forum : Header heat..

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Header heat..
  Posted Wednesday, May 21st 9:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1560


OK, so the Baur is finally running somewhat stable. I have to go back to get the GoTech engine management stabelized using a Dyno.

The engine puts out a lot of heat. You can practically feel the headers comming through the firewall.

Considering that I am in Miami........more radient heat is unwelcome. I dont want to wrap the ceramic coated headers and destroy their shinny chrome look.

Any suggestions?

  Posted Friday, May 23rd 2:46am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 192


Ceramic coated headers should not radiate much heat at all compared to bare headers. Get your engine management tuned correctly and I would bet the temps drop significantly.

ken

  Posted Saturday, May 24th 7:51am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 272


Agree with Ken, All my overheating problems disapeared with a correctly tuned ignition distributor(new)

  Posted Saturday, May 24th 2:35pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1562


Hmmm....maybe I am just starting to feel the effects of an all black leather interior in the Miami summer.

The engine isnt running hot. It runs closer to that second mark than the half mark.

I am just feeling a lot of radient heat comming from the firewall........past the sound insulation and carpeting.

One wierd thing about the engine tunning is that it seems to run smoother on regular gas than on Supreme.

  Posted Saturday, May 24th 5:57pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 273


too rich?...did you check to see if your heater valve is closing all the way? I had the cable disconect and a couple of consequently hot summer days,,,

  Posted Saturday, May 24th 8:21pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1563


g323 wrote:
too rich?...did you check to see if your heater valve is closing all the way? I had the cable disconect and a couple of consequently hot summer days,,,


Yes, it is definetly too rich. I gotta get them to put it on the dyno soon. You can smell the gas at a stop light.

You mean on the AC venting system???? Yes, all this is out of whack and I have unlocked the cable for the very lower one (goes left and right) and shut it......however, I do feel a warm draft still.

Does anyone have a diagram of how these go? The REALOEM drawings dont change so.

However, I dont think this is the whole story...there is radient heat comming off the panels not just a warm draft.

On the lighter side.............HOLY SHEITE it is hot out in Miami today!!!


Thread Administration
 

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.