BMW E21
 
Navigation
 -Home
 -Search
 -News
 -Portal

Site Account
 -Login
 -Register
 -Online Users


Forums
 -General Forum
 -Tech Forum
 -News Archives
 -Cars

Files
 -Overview

E21
 -About
 -Parts
 -Funstuff
 -Classifieds
 -Links
 -Projects

Features
 -Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails


Tech Forum : M20 brake servo

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - M20 brake servo
  Posted Monday, Jun 23rd 7:29pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 284


Me servo is kaput. I can't get a new part (or old for the matter). Now I am thingking, its probably a standard ATE servo.

Anyone here have done a converstion with another servo?

Please advise, me cars been sitting in garage since 5 June.......

Thanks

  Posted Monday, Jul 7th 12:25pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 207


I think The servo from an e28 will fit, and will give you slightly more braking pressure as well.

  Posted Monday, Jul 7th 2:32pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 285


Thanks I will look into this. In the meantime somthing strange is happening......Was gonna bring the car in to fit the 2nd hand servo which I found. Decided to change the spark plugs before sending the car in to the workshop. After changing the S plugs, the brakes worked fine just a bit soft…….. I can’t figure any any explination.

  Posted Tuesday, Jul 8th 12:21am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 288


maybe one the vacuum tubes connected to the break systems are shot and you wiggled it a little tighter.

change the vacuum tubes

  Posted Tuesday, Jul 8th 5:32pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 286


Yes that is what I am thinking too. So can I say that it is unlikely that the servo is kaput?

Which leads me to the next question, what is the symptons of brake servo failure?

  Posted Monday, Jul 21st 10:04am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 1096


usually hissing or servo is bad from being filled with brake fluid from a leaky master cylinder.

I've had problems with the vacuum connections to the servo. You'll lose vacuum assist if you have a leak here, as stated above.

My 323i doesn't have very much assist till it's warmed up a bit. I have a feeling it has to do with the idle being high from the idle air bypass valve being open and the engine not creating as much vacuum when it's cold.

jamie


Thread Administration
 

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.