Tech Forum : Sunroof Drains

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Sunroof Drains
sunbeam***   Posted Sunday, Nov 22nd 12:41am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 329

wirral UK
1982 323i
I have notice that after heavy rain if i move my car onto uneven ground a considerable amount of H20 flows from my sills or rockers to our friends over the pond.
After doing the searches on this site i get the impression that the sunroof drians flow into the sills then out of the sill drain holes.
Am i missing something here or is it a crazy idea to purposly put water into your sills???

paul dyer   Posted Monday, Nov 23rd 10:42pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 42

manchester england
1977 rhd 320i/4
I think your right about it being a bad way of doing the sunroof drains!It seems crazy that the drains for the sunroof go down the "a" posts and drain into the cills.The last e21 i had with a sunroof had rot to the bottom of the "a" post and sills which put down to this....

sunbeam***   Posted Monday, Nov 23rd 11:09pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 330

wirral UK
1982 323i
I believe its even worse, from what i understand the there are 4 drains, 2 on the A pillar and 2 on the C pillar which dumps water right onto the rear beam mounting. Have you ever noticed the rear sills rot around the clamp plate for the rear beam mount?
Oh well if you build a car as strong as a BMW you've got to build in a self destruct just to ensure future sales i guess.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.