BMW E21
 
Navigation
 -Home
 -Search
 -News
 -Portal

Site Account
 -Login
 -Register
 -Online Users


Forums
 -General Forum
 -Tech Forum
 -News Archives
 -Cars

Files
 -Overview

E21
 -About
 -Parts
 -Funstuff
 -Classifieds
 -Links
 -Projects

Features
 -Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails


Tech Forum : Suspension choice?

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Suspension choice?
  Posted Sunday, Jun 22nd 9:39pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 8


Hi guys. I have two sets of H&R springs and the choice of using either Bil sports or Koni yellows. I have sets of both and have used the Sports before but have never used the Koni yellows. I have Koni reds on my Alfa Verde so I know How they work. Opinions on the bil's vs. the Konis anyone?
Thanks
Tony

  Posted Monday, Jun 23rd 1:15am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 50


Hey Tony,

I have the regular Billie sports on the 323i for the front and back. This with a set of lower front springs and the regular rears set at the lowest perch. Nic made to comparison to his Ledas (on the soft setting of course) with regards to how it compared to his Leda shocks and springs. While I have minimal body roll due to some huge sways and tower bars. I do not have the adjustments that Nic does.

On the 535i I have the Koni yellows (adjustable) with aftermarket springs and the adjustment factor on those is great. Soft for everyday driving and hard for when it is needed.

Not sure if Koni makes adjustable struts for the e21 323i like on all of the other ones. What I do know is that you can use the struts out of an e12 (smae large diameter as the 323i fronts) but you will need 20mm spacers at the base to bring the top of the strut flush with the collar.

Eibachs are great springs regardless.

  Posted Monday, Jun 23rd 2:37am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 55


Go with the koni's.

  Posted Tuesday, Jun 24th 8:39pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 52


Konis are only available in Street Special Not the Street Sport adjustables.


Thread Administration
 

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.