BMW E21
 
Navigation
 -Home
 -Search
 -News
 -Portal

Site Account
 -Login
 -Register
 -Online Users


Forums
 -General Forum
 -Tech Forum
 -News Archives
 -Cars

Files
 -Overview

E21
 -About
 -Parts
 -Funstuff
 -Classifieds
 -Links
 -Projects

Features
 -Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails


Cars : 323i Baur

- BMW E21 Community
   - Cars
      - 323i Baur
View details
Post comment




Images
323i Baur
Owner: Tricord
In registry since: Tuesday, Jan 6th 6:46pm.
Year: 1978
Location: Belgium

  Posted Wednesday, Apr 6th 11:08am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 118


Tri,

Any change in status?

  Posted Wednesday, Apr 6th 11:28am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 795


Yeah. I pulled the engine and gearbox a few days ago, and got a real good look at the state of the car.

I don't think I'll pull this one off. There's some rust in important places, notably the chassis beams at the front. It would need a new front, new floor panels, new rockers, new spare wheelwell and it's probably too far gone to restore. It can be done, but not with the time and money I have available..

I'm going to get what I need from it and then donate the shell to a fellow E21 enthusiast.. If any of them wants it

  Posted Thursday, Apr 7th 4:16am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 441


Tri....how bad can it possibly be?

Is any part of the Baur frame badly rotten? If not...it is worth saving.

Has the rust eaten through the front structural members?

  Posted Wednesday, Apr 20th 8:40pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 61


hi, post some pcitures of the bad bits so we can see, it cant be worse than mine. take a look at mine its very bad but im going to do it, but if you cant afford it thats understandable. i cant afford to do mine but im just buying bits at a time, buying cheap parts of ebay and when i can getting parts that walloth in germany have on offer.


Thread Administration
 

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.