- Spark Plugs
Matt   Posted Wednesday, Jul 2nd 7:14am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 93

SF Bay Area
81 320i
I have a few question regarding sparkies:

-How to read a plug tag ie. WR9DC
-How to select the ideal temp range
-Plugs to avoid(plauged by failure, falsified specifications, and plain ol' 'just don't work')
y

RDAvena   Posted Wednesday, Jul 2nd 7:26am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 73

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
1981 323i, 1988 545is, 1997 528i
Not really rocket science and A picture is worth a thousand words:

Matt   Posted Wednesday, Jul 2nd 10:36pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 94

SF Bay Area
81 320i
Does anyone know the correct 'thread reach' for our cars? I'm using the WR9DC.

RDAvena   Posted Wednesday, Jul 2nd 11:06pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 74

The BOSCH copper supers is enough for this and many other BMWs. Unless the car specifies that it needs to be a special heat or metal type changing the reach will not do anything to the squish area or chamber vleocity of the m10 engine. This is not an F1 engine that needs exacting tolerences and nano-measurements in order to live at 19K revs.

You own a stock e21 320i that is known to have a low HP engine and a better than stock suspension. That is it, no magic, no bells and whistles , nothing.

Unless you upgrade the engine displacement/headwork/cam/turbo/supercharger you will not see much more than 100hp out of the engine. Air intakes headers and all other bullshit included. Ask Paul when he modified his chambers if he changed the depth of his plugs. Ask anyone with a modified engine if they think that the reach of the plugs is affecting their chaber area.

You really need to think about what you are asking before you press that post button. Just like your spark plug gap post. Was this supposed to be a tech article? If so, post it as such. Or post it as an "Off Topic" article so we know your roadfly disclaimer is included. "Believer BEWARE!!! If you follow my suggestions and blow yourself up, oh well. "But officer, I was just TRYING to Help!" "

How do you expect people to take you seriously after that? You want to do the same things you did on roadfly please go back to roadfly. Not knocking you but being honest.

Note: The admins should delete this thread.

Matt   Posted Thursday, Jul 3rd 12:09am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 96

SF Bay Area
81 320i
Thanks for the schematic and answers. You're too kind.

RDAvena   Posted Thursday, Jul 3rd 1:17am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 75

It is black and white because BMW intended these cars to be that way. Still don't get it do you. But then I figure you never will.

If you do as much searching with your extreme amount of spare time as you noted you may learn a thing or two about BMWs or cars/life in general.

First common sense item ("black and white" like you said) you do not alter the length of spark plugs because you will leave the sharp leading edge of the machined threads(either of the head or the plug) open in the head. Ever wonder why heads do not have any sharp angles in the chambers? Sharp edges get hot and this leads to detonation. Black and white.

Use that spare time in something constructive, like learning and maturing, and spare us your drivel.

Another thing don't try to come off as the martyr saying that you sacrifice yourself for the common good, and bend over backwards to "help" those that you have berated with your posts. Who are you trying to fool? Yourself obviously. You think just because you are on a new board no one will remember you are the same spiteful brat from Roadfly.

Did you apologise to Beemermax for that "The only one taking the stupid pills are people who get ripped for $12K and walk away...." Some Martyr helping the cause here ... real personal sacrifice in that statement.

And you wonder why people treat you like a child? It is because you have not shown anything that merits being treated as an adult.You are a self centered child that is just looking for attention, nothing more. Friendly advice: Grow up.

Like you said "black and white" and read through like a book.

RDAvena   Posted Thursday, Jul 3rd 7:54pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Staff
Post nr. 77

So I do not come off looking like a total dick on this thread. Of course you can all see I had answered Matts/MKnoots posts as he went through his usual method/behavior of posting. My last post above basically stated the facts plain and simple as i saw them. A little while later I received this IMS:
IMS from Matt
Did you receive [Reply] [Delete]
IMS from Matt, sent Wednesday, July 02nd - 05:48pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if you got the last one because the site keeps freaking out on me.

I have already removed my off-topic posts, please do the same. We shouldn't wreck tricord's work or make anyone else read about our bickering.

-copied and pasted no alterations made-

Basically he asking me to remove my responses so he can save face and never have a record of what actually went on before the core of the members logged in during the afternoon.

I have nothing to hide and nothing to edit. I own up to my posts, their content, if they are wrong or right and learn from them. I will not run away and hide like some kid. This is the part of growing up that I wanted to teach this individual but even this is too hard of a growing pain for him.

I consider the issue with Matt/MKoot over and it just goes to prove he was given many chances and failed at all of them. Now this editing of posts backfired on him, he should have left them as is. Any details needed may be asked of Nic or myself as Nic was there and witnessed the entire "argument".

The Admins may lock this thread.

Tricord   Posted Thursday, Jul 3rd 8:39pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 113

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
This is an example of the only drawback of post editing. But as you can plainly see, one does not get away with it.

I would like to remember everyone on this board that if you have a problem with someone, you should either discuss it with the person in question privately (IMS or email would be good ways), or talk to me privately. I will not have bickering posted on this forum, I attach great importance to the quality this site offers to it's users.

Thread closed.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.