BMW E21
 
Navigation
 -Home
 -Search
 -News
 -Portal

Site Account
 -Login
 -Register
 -Online Users


Forums
 -General Forum
 -Tech Forum
 -News Archives
 -Cars

Files
 -Overview

E21
 -About
 -Parts
 -Funstuff
 -Classifieds
 -Links
 -Projects

Features
 -Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails


Tech Forum : Steering question

- BMW E21 Community
   - Tech Forum
      - Steering question
  Posted Saturday, Dec 11th 5:53am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 4


Hello all...
Quick question, recently whenever I turn left, the steering wheel stays angled that way until I turn right. Can anyone wager a guess what the problem may be? Thanks much.

  Posted Saturday, Dec 11th 5:51pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 159


tie rods?

bad subframe or rear control arm bushings?

ball joints or sway bar bushings?

On an E21 there are many components that can cause this kind of behavior, most of which are relatively easy to replace or at least diagnose.

Do you have access to a lift to get the car up in the air and look at some things?

jamie

  Posted Sunday, Dec 12th 6:26am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 5


Thanks for the reply. I will be able to get to a lift Monday morning. What do you suggest I check? Thanks

  Posted Tuesday, Dec 14th 2:30am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 68


You should also check the steering rack mount bushings.

  Posted Tuesday, Dec 14th 3:46am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 121


Strut bearings will also cause similar symptoms when the grease dries up, and they start to bind under cornering. If the rubber is OK, you can clean the old grease out, and regrease with a good synthetic.

Al

  Posted Tuesday, Dec 14th 5:22am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 426


I'd try an alignment first. Sounds like you have a toe problem. When I play with my camber on my car the steering won't return to center with out a little effort.

  Posted Wednesday, May 14th 11:01pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]

Post nr. 265


memory steer, front strut mounts


Thread Administration
 

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.