-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : Any input about Korman E21 323i Suspension Kit?

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - Any input about Korman E21 323i Suspension Kit?
wharthog   Posted Tuesday, Sep 19th 6:59pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 58

SF Bay,California, USA
1982 323i, , R1150RT
I'm looking for any first (second.. third..) hand knowledge of the Bilstein/springs/adjustable sway bar package that Korman is selling. And if so heavy duty or sport on the Bilsteins. This car is now my daily driver...

imaradiostar   Posted Tuesday, Sep 19th 8:18pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 874

Nashville, TN
81 323i, 82 525i, 85 524td, 90 535i
My last 323i had H&R's and sports- I believe this is what Korman is offering. It was a slightly rough ride a low speeds but it was amazing when driven hard. Your mileage may vary of course...

jamie

melloh   Posted Tuesday, Sep 19th 11:24pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 420

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
I too have H&R on bili sports. Very fun and huge improvement over stock, but I unfortunately cannot compare to other similar setups (like ST springs or using Koni's).

1) it is my understanding if you are using lowering springs, then you should use sports - similar valving, but HD are more suitable for stock height/longer suspension travel

2) might consider softer or adjustable (Koni shocks) setup depending one where you live/how the car is being used. I moved to LA and it just was not worth it. Living in San Diego, the stiff suspension was fine, but LA's mystery potholes are jarring and one of my shocks even froze.

melloh   Posted Tuesday, Sep 19th 11:29pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 421

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
Ooops... just read your post more thoroughly. I have the "is" lip and it constantly scrapes when entering moderate to steep driveway slopes. W/o the lip, you should be ok.

SF also has mystery potholes, so you may want to ask about the koni adjustables (i'm sure someone here has tried them). Or, try slightly less aggressive springs (like ones from bavauto) w/ HDs? If you want, I am now in San Jose and you're welcome to take a ride to see what you think.

blair winter   Posted Wednesday, Sep 20th 4:42am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1

Oregon, USA
'81 323i, '70 2002, '97 540i/S
My experience with Korman:
Great service
Rapidly diminishing support of e21
Decent selection of 'other' branded stuff
Excellent proprietary designs
Very expensive

I really like Ireland Engineering...

Good luck!

wharthog   Posted Thursday, Sep 21st 8:00am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 59

SF Bay,California, USA
1982 323i, , R1150RT
I've got H&R and Bili's too that were installed who knows when prior to me buying the car. The front end really crashes over sharp bumps... almost feels like a bottom out. Also the front of my car sits really low. bavarian professionals in Berkeley sai that the bili's are probably shot and cause this? any experience?

Should I change out the Bili's first and see if it helps? Or just do shocks and springs at the same time?

wharthog   Posted Thursday, Sep 21st 8:01am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 60

SF Bay,California, USA
1982 323i, , R1150RT
Melloh,

I'll IM you for that ride...

BruceH   Posted Thursday, Sep 21st 3:00pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 1015

Atlanta, GA USA
81 323 Baur, 85 745
Remember that springs set the ride height and shocks provide the damping control.

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.