General Forum : 323 trouble

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - 323 trouble
e21enthusiast   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 3:15am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 11

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
purchased roberts 323.the color is amazing the rust is not!needs a new clutch without a doubt. and its probly gonna take beetween 3-4 thousand in body work patching and paint.its sweet though. the drive back from roseburg was scary! drives like a boat im used to my suspension.sounds bad ass like an old porche or somethin,very raspy,good im gonna stomp your ass raspy. the dash is sweet all written in german.the tourque is amazing! so much faster. prety much im gonna park it for a while and put a cover over it and when i have a garage i can dedicate to it ill get to the restoration.hopefully itl be done by next summer. ill get some pics up later today.

oh yes heres a 323 moment for you.robert told my the plates were expired on the 323,so i decided to bring the plates from my heannarot IS and i was going to take the 07 stickers of em and put em on the 323 plates. well i decided not to when we got there figured it was to much trouble and i have a bill of sale and a title signed that day so i should be ok. when i bought the 323 the ignition is broken so it had an after market one wired in and hanging from the dash,looked very sketchy,also the front license plate on the 323 and my friends golf vr6 we took to roseburg, are both in the window not on the front bumpers. and the front euro bumper was not on the 323 it was in the car.

so i go to pick up my girlfriend from the mall, and me and my friend are waiting for her,meanwhile we took out the front euro bumper and were holding it up to the car to see what itd look like,then. the mall security rolls up on us. he start s to give me shitt for the expired tags,and the bumper,then he sees the ignition,then he sees my friends plate in his window, then the xtra plates on his floor. then about 5 more members of the mall security come along. at this point i was pissed. they were harasing the shitt out me saying i was stealing and stripping cars. after finnally loosing my temper i continued to tell him he was stupid and mall security and to call the police,after saying SO WHAT YOUR SAYING YOU WONT COROPARATE IS THAT IT. i was like no im saying your stupid mall security call the damn police or i will. then 3 cop cars 5 police show up. they wont even let me or my friend stand up we had to stay on the ground, they were doing a bit of harasing and jumping to conclusions. after running the plates and explaining the story they shook our hands and apolagized, i think both the police and the security were damn amazed we didnt do anything wrong. i just kept laughing and then drove off.i got away from the situation

cnvkellogg   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 7:51am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 45

Eugene, OR
78 320i
Sounds like they were try to be super troopers. "Meow". Cool to see another 6cyl. e21 in town. Do you plan on swapping the 323 stuff over to your other car? I have a couple of shells if you need some sheet metal if you are going to fix it. I am taking them to the recyclers soon. Let me know.

e21enthusiast   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 8:04am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 13

eugene,oregon
hennarot 320is,topasbraun metalic 323
the rust is definatley the worst ive ever seen on an e21.at first i was just gonna pull it all and put it on the hennarot one.but to mea atleast to me then it wouldnt be a 323. it could have every exact piece but without the vin# comeing back 323 to me its just a 320.so im gonna wait a moth or so till ill have an open garage fore it and take it down to bare metal.yeah i cant imagine how much fun you blair and justin have been having .i was happy with the m10 honestly just i wanted a million more suspension upgrades. so going from like an estimated 80hp at the rear wheels to i am guessing this would put down between 100-110hp a guess. its a huge diferance,the onlything that coulda made this 323 better is if it were rhd,but were all not as lucky as MR canuk,damn canadians .

p.s. im expecting my part time job at the parts desk to make this restoration a lot easier.lol

pjs323i   Posted Monday, Oct 2nd 11:10am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 38

Canberra, Australia
'81 323i
do you know what speed you are going meow? lol classic movie...

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.