-Unified
 -Hosting
 -Personal
 -Vin-checker
 -Events

Registry
 -Index
 -Thumbnails

General Forum : is this front air dam too ricey?

- BMW E21 Community
   - General Forum
      - is this front air dam too ricey?
chad   Posted Sunday, Jun 8th 11:34pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 4

saskatchewan, canada
79 320i, 82 320i
http://www.carparts.com/parts/newsearch2.asp?reflink=0-0-0-0-0&sourceid=2&parttypeid=2026&itemid=5609&autoidsearch=NO

i just put kamei side skirts on my car yesterday, and am now looking for front and rear spoilers to finish the look off. i already have 5 spoke 15 in rims and i think the sideskirts look great. just need a front spoiler to go with it. anyone know of anywhere else i can get a front spoiler, or rear from? i want a clean, as close to factory look as possible, but i know the "is" spoilers are really hard to find and expensive.

thanks

melloh   Posted Monday, Jun 9th 1:40am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 17

California, USA (San Jose)
1980 320is, 1991 318is
I dunno abt side-skirts... but that front dam looks a lot like the BBS. Its a nice 'subtle" front dam that doesn't pop out at ou so yeah, not too ricey at all IMO.

H

Here's a link to Brandon's (e21 digest moderator) site w/ his 323 so u can see the BBS. The fog-light holes he cut himself, i believe.
http://www.e21bmw.net/about/323i.php

Tricord   Posted Monday, Jun 9th 2:52am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 38

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
Check my personal page if you want to see what an E21 looks like with and without BBS spoiler. There are no foglights, so he must have cut holes for them.

I don't think a front spoiler is 'rice'. Wether it helps the car look better is another question, but I think I like it. The spoiler I have on the trunklid of the 323i though, is way too ugly to be good

melloh   Posted Monday, Jun 9th 7:03am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 18

1980 320is, 1991 318is
The FOHA lip-spoiler? I actually like the lip spoilers on these old bmws (including the other 80's bmws). I have a FOHA in my trunk, still deciding whether or not I want to put it on! The thing that concerns me most is the portion of the spoiler the extends past the trunk door. How does it stay secure? Will it flap and/or vibrate when @ highway speeds? And how odd itll look when the trunk is open (but obviously not a big deal).

Matt   Posted Monday, Jun 9th 8:27am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 9

SF Bay Area
81 320i
I have a BBS spoiler and a FOHA spoiler on my alpine white car

melloh   Posted Monday, Jun 9th 11:24am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 19

1980 320is, 1991 318is
Ha... it is indeed an almost completely stock (bilsteins, H&Rs, tower bars) alpine white s-package car. No BBS, just the S-spoiler. FOHA installation is TBD, but I might actually have it done tomorrow.

Tricord   Posted Monday, Jun 9th 1:43pm [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Administrator
Post nr. 39

Belgium, Europe
323i Baur
The FOHA spoiler (I checked, that's what it is) doesn't vibrate or anything, in fact it's heavy and soft. If you open the trunk completely, it will stay open, but if you let go of it before it's at maximum opening, it will fall down again because of the weight of the spoiler.
Not a problem I guess, but another reason for me to change the trunklid
There are holes in mine to fix the spoiler, so if I want to get rid of it I have to get a new trunklid.

Yes Matt, you can email me pictures if you want me to host them.

Matt   Posted Tuesday, Jun 10th 3:49am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 14

SF Bay Area
81 320i
When you come back up north, we should go to the races together and park next to each other, follow each other to the strip, and race each other! That would be some funny stuff!

melloh   Posted Tuesday, Jun 10th 11:32am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 22

1980 320is, 1991 318is
Hmmm now I hope you're talking about LEGAL racing, right? Otherwise, my lesson is learned! (And, being over 21 and only a month away from my record being cleared is further incentive to obey the laws). However, I wouldn't mind trying to follow you through the hills.

And no, its not mounted............... YET. At least youl still have the bbs front ;o)

And Tri, I'm a tid bit surprised you find the foha lip so ugly. My personal flavor is that most of the lip-spoilers for the e21 and even e30 look nice, while anything that is elevated (like one of the zenders?) bothers me, esp on the e21 (of course the evo/m3 spoiler on the e30 is bad-ass). But hey, to each his/her own.

Matt   Posted Wednesday, Jun 11th 4:57am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 17

SF Bay Area
81 320i
LOL, dude, my dad has a silver E30 M3 witht he whole EVO 3 deal! LOL. Jesus man stoppit!

melloh   Posted Wednesday, Jun 11th 10:09am [Edit] [Quote] [IMS] [View car]
Post nr. 24

1980 320is, 1991 318is
Well Matt, I am a brain-blender errrr psychology scholar........

Thread Administration

Copyright © 2001-2005 e21.tricord.be. All rights reserved. Powered by Unified.